- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Heater harness disconnected or broken. Or heater thermistor harness disconnected or broken when the power is turned on, the top cover is opened and closed, or the machine exits from the sleep mode. Heater thermistor short-circuited. Or heater thermistor harness disconnected or broken when the machine is on standby. )
Error #77 refers to a mechanical problem, but I'd say about 7 times out of 10 it's a mistake. Fortunately, Brother fax machines have override commands :). Try this:
1. Turn the power off and unplug the power source. 2. Press and hold the menu button and plug in the power source (don't let go of the menu button!). 3. Hold the menu button for 5 seconds after plugging in the power source. 4. Release the menu button and press "91" 5. If the screen still shows the error code, press "99".
Hopefully this will override the error and you can get back to work :) .
The 77 error is caused by a fuser temperature sensor. The following steps can be used to possibly reset the Intellifax 4100 77 error.
1. Unplug machine then wait 15-20 minutes. 2. Hold down menu key. Plug in machine. 3. Release menu key at maintenance message. 4. press 91 then set button 5. press 99 then set button 6. Machine will warm up. 7. Press Reports key, then press 1. This will test if the machine can print.
If these steps do not reset the error the thermal fuse would have to be replaced by a repair technician.
Machine error 76 is a bad fuser lamp. Machine error 78 is a bad thermistor. Machine error 77 means you hade either a Machine error 76 or Machine error 78 and turned the machine off.
Sometimes the machines will give a false code and can be reset. Unplug machine. Hold down the Menu key while powering back up. You should still get a Machine error message. Enter the number 9...The display should change to Maintenance 9 then enter 1. The Machine error will return. Enter 99 and then make a test print. If you get either a machine error 76 or 78 you will need to have service done on your machine to have either the lamp or thermistor replaced, and depending on the usage of the machine, it might not be a bad idea to replace the entire fuser.