Question about Canon PIXMA iP1500 InkJet Photo Printer
My Canon Pixma iP1500 printer indicates a paper jam, although there is no paper or apparent jam. Pressing the resume button does nothing, nor does turning the printer off and on. Can you help me?
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. (On the X83, press the Select button.)
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Jan 29, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 12, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP1500 InkJet Photo Printer
Jan 06, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP1500 InkJet Photo Printer
Oct 21, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1500 InkJet Photo Printer
Oct 07, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1500 InkJet Photo Printer
Jul 05, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1500 InkJet Photo Printer
Jun 14, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1500 InkJet Photo Printer
Jan 23, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP1500 InkJet Photo Printer
May 23, 2007 | Canon PIXMA iP1500 InkJet Photo Printer
468 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!