Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
I have a Samsung LCD and I connect my pS3 to it with an HDMI cable. So between switching say from digital cable to the ps3 my tv will tell me, "searching for a signal" and then it will find it, show me the ps3, and so on. There's also a little lag when a game loads, a movie loads, and so on. That isn't the problem. The TV can't find the signal when I put in blu-ray discs. When I first got the ps3 the blu ray worked fine, but now. They don't. I don't know what to do? Does this sound familiar? If i'm not describing my problem well enough, tell me, and I"ll try to clarify. Thanks in advance, Randy
I found the answer from another site. Hope it helps you: go to bd/dvd setting and set the "108024hz" option off site: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&message.id=1662191
Posted on Jul 09, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You can try the steps below. Its from PlayStation Forum:
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION®3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION®3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION®3 System
If the above steps still does not solve the problem, then I think will have to update your Ps3.
Update your PS3 (in the settings menu the 1st option).
Go on the internet browser on the PS3 then go on the menu press triangle then on one of them there are delete cookies and the delete the others as
well as cookies.
You could also try this as well: put the PS3 on then press the eject button (with no disc in) then hold it and switch the PS3 off at the back with your finger on the eject button still holding it, then put it back on and the fan test should be working this may cool it down. It might be over heating.
But if your problem is not still solved, then maybe you should call sony for further assistance.
I wish you good luck
Posted on May 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 07, 2010 | Denon AVR-2802
May 23, 2009 | Sony PlayStation® 3 (60 GB) Console
Jan 19, 2009 | Samsung LN52A650A LCD TV
Nov 28, 2008 | Samsung HT-BD2R 7.1 Channel Blu-ray Home...
Jul 12, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jun 15, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
May 14, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Dec 24, 2007 | Samsung LN-S4092D 40 in. LCD HDTV
Nov 03, 2007 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Oct 27, 2007 | Sony DAV-HDX500 System
209 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!