Question about Sharp R-1500 Microwave Oven
This sounds very much like an arc and may produce ozone that you can smell.
If it is an arc, the high voltage power supply for the magnetron is at least working and the fact that it is arcing may come from a breakdown of insulation, something that could be a safety hazard if you decide to open the unit - be very careful; the energy needed to feed the magnetron will definitely roast human flesh too.
While there are a number of things I offer guidance for on microwave ovens, this one makes me uncomfortable and I really wish you would either retire it or have a pro look at it for you.
Posted on Jan 22, 2009
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 02, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Oct 27, 2008 | GE Microwave Ovens
on Aug 22, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 16, 2011 | Jenn-Air JMV8196 Microwave Oven
Mar 28, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Dec 22, 2008 | GE JVM1631 Microwave Oven
Oct 30, 2008 | GE Advantium SCA1000H Convection /...
Mar 26, 2008 | Whirlpool RMC275PD Microwave Oven
150 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!