Re: What wall heaters are dangerous and shoul be removed...
The ones which have a loose heater coil touching the body of the reflector, need to be replaced. When the wall mounting plug is heating up, replace it with a standard one. It should not be loosely connected to the socket.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Yes, it is very dangerous. You are breathing carbon monoxide and it can be deadly. Turn off the unit and get it serviced immediately. Your heater probably has a blocked flue and will need to be cleaned or the burner has rusted away or is very dirty. Hire a professional to fix/clean the heater or just have it replaced it with a modern heater.
carbon monoxide in any concentration is deadly. It gets in the blood and prevents the blood from absorbing oxygen. Follow the technicians advice and find out why there is this gas in the house.10 ppm is easily achievable and you cannot smell it and won't know it until you feel sleepy
Dear Alex191: I am shocked and amazed that the Williams heater company is STILL knowingly and willingly selling faulty direct vent gas heaters. My problems took place in 1988! I bought a 30,000 BTU Williams DIRECT VENT from The Home Depot. I took the time to remove window sashes and run gas line to the Williams heater that I had placed in the window aperture. I was glad to finally have heat and be able to heat the area of the house where I stayed. Then I began to smell gas when the Williams was OFF. I traced it to the area where the pilot light gas tubing entered the combustion chamber. I removed the Williams unit and replaced it with an identical make and model and the SAME THING HAPPENED!!! I sat on my bed and almost cried. I had the gas company come out and they labled the problem as a "fuzz leak". The warranty repairman came out and had no idea what to do. Tightening the retaining nut did nothing. I called Williams and even back then they said that they were aware of the problem. They called me back and wanted to send me a part and asked me, "Can you work on it?" I returned the Williams and bought a Perfection-Schwank CONSOL heater that burns the air in the room and vents horizontally to a 4 inch vertical gas vent and was very satisfied with it. When they went out of business I bought an "Empire" brand gas heater. I don't know if I'll ever buy another direct vent heater from anyone. I will be glad to write an affidavit should you decide to suit the Williams company.
Hi, that thermostat should be a wall mount. This heater has only 2 wires and any "Heat only", "millivolt" thermostat will work. Remove the old T-Stat and mount the new one on the wall, only 2 wires and less than a volt so no shock danger, doesn't even matter which wire goes where. Good luck and comment back if you need any help.
First of all you must be very careful with working with propane, unlike natural gas,propane is heavier than air and will not dissipate. Coupler (Thermocouple) There many different types, But what they all have in common is the tip. The unit may have what they call a pilot. Most customers know it as the pilot light. once you find the tip in the pilot in the following picture is a type of thermocouple. look at the tip. Then look at yours Follow tip assembly it should be attach to what we call a gas value