I would not worry about the ink on the inside of the printer. This is almost certainly just waste ink that has splattered here during printing/cleaning. The printhead is forced to face directly down inside the printer and if it was not this would cause the cartridge to be rejected and stop any printing.
If your pages are coming out blank I would recommend taking the following steps:
- First off please run any printer head cleaning cycles available from your printer software and check the quality of your prints.
- Fold a piece of kitchen tissue or any other non fibrous tissue and
dab it under a tap to make a small damp patch. For best results make
sure the water is warm.
- Take the cartridge out of the printer and hold the damp patch over the printhead for 30-60 seconds.
- You should now hopefully have a small ink soaked patch on the tissue with traces of all the relevant colours.
- Then wipe the printhead several times on the dry part of the tissue and you should start to see the colours come through.
- Reinstall and run one more head cleaning cycle and with any luck you should be ready to print.
Sadly these cartridges are getting on a bit now and it is entirely possible that the printhead of the cartridge has stopped working entirely or is irreversibly clogged. If the cartridge has been purchased recently contact whoever you purchased it from. if not I would recommend buying a new black/colour ink cartridge.