Question about Microwave Ovens
Yes, the most likely culprit to blowing your fuse is the magnetron itself. It is defective and causing an overload each time it comes on. If you do replace the magnetron replace the large electrolyctic capacitor (that is the big one that the magnetron connects to also) so that you do not have to do double the work. Alot of these magnetrons and capacitors are interchangeable as long as you can set them in place with screws. I do not what type of supply house you have but alot of people throw away microwaves with these parts still usable. Good luck.
Posted on Jan 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 19, 2010 | LG Microwave Ovens
Feb 24, 2010 | Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
Dec 12, 2009 | GE JE2160 Microwave Oven
May 12, 2009 | Sharp R-242 Microwave Oven
Mar 01, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jan 02, 2009 | Sharp R-242 Microwave Oven
Nov 26, 2008 | Frigidaire PLMV169DC Microwave Oven
Jul 02, 2008 | Maytag MMV5207A Microwave Oven
Dec 04, 2016 | LG Microwave Ovens
70 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!