Question about Sony KDL40S5100 40 in. HDTV LCD TV
Although I follow all the directions (correct usb device - sony microvault 4G, format FAT32, tried download on both PC and Mac, unplugged all inputs, unplugged TV for 5 mins, put usb in rear service port, plug in, power on, and -- nothing. I feel like I'm missing something simple!
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
There are a couple ways to go here. I'll give you the procedures step by step. If you want clarification on anything, just ask. If I make an assumption that is wrong, stop me and let me know. The more you know, the easier this will be for both of us.
First I'd like to double check on MisterSony's diagnosis. Refresh rates that are too high end up as a black screen on many LCD models.
This is my first assumption, the display settings are currently for both monitors. Your original screen is still functioning.
Posted on Nov 16, 2008
SOURCE: tv does not turn on
Please see my basic troubleshooting guide here:
Posted on Jun 27, 2010
SOURCE: content error loading netflix on
Yes it is most likely to be a firmware bug. Did not understand what you meant by "have sony sending firmware update on usb key" though. Can you please clarify this?
Posted on Nov 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 08, 2014 | Mitsubishi LT-40148 40 in. LCD TV
Aug 06, 2014 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
It can be difficult to get things right on the first try. With that truism in mind, Vizio Incorporated includes USB ports on their televisions that you can use to load firmware updates onto the television. Vizio has released firmware updates only for certain television models, and the instructions for installing firmware updates vary slightly by model. To upgrade your television's firmware, you need to download and copy firmware drivers to a USB flash drive and then read and follow Vizio's specific installation instructions for your model.
1. Connect the USB flash drive to your computer
2. Click the "Start" button, and click the "My Computer" icon.
3. Right-click the flash drive, and click "Format" in the menu
4. Select "FAT32" in the drop-down menu, and click the "OK" button. Windows will format your USB flash drive with the FAT32 file system.
5. Open your Web browser, and navigate to the Vizio support Web site at www.vizio.com/support.
6. Click the "Select Your Product" drop-down menu, and select your model of Vizio television from the list. A new page will open that displays available downloads for your television
7. Click the "Firmware Update" link, and save the firmware update file to your computer.
8. Click the "Firmware Instructions" link, and read the instructions specific to your Vizio television model.
9. Right-click the file that you downloaded, click "Rename," and then rename the file to the exact name that is specified in the firmware instructions 10. Right-click the file, and click "Send to" > "E: USB Drive" or whichever drive letter corresponds to your flash drive. The firmware update file is copied to your USB drive 11. Right-click the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon on the right side of the Windows task bar, and eject the device from your computer
12. Disconnect the USB drive, and plug it in to your Vizio TV's USB port.
13. Follow the steps in the firmware instructions to install the firmware update to your television.
Only you can find is the problem with firmware by udating the frimware of your tv. ok
Aug 05, 2011 | Vizio E420VL 42 in. HD-Ready LCD TV
Mar 14, 2011 | Televison & Video
May 05, 2010 | Sharp BD-HP21U Blu-Ray Player
Dec 26, 2009 | Sony Walkman NWZ-B135 MP3 Player
Oct 07, 2009 | Sony NWZ-B103FBLK MP3 Player
Apr 23, 2009 | Sony 1GB Micro Vault Ultra Mini USB 2.0...
Apr 16, 2009 | Transcend 8GB SSD, 2.5- Inch, IDE, SLC...
Nov 28, 2007 | Sony Walkman Bean NW-E307 MP3 Player
54 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: