Question about Samsung Q430 Laptop
Message has come up ssaying battery wont hold charge with a red 'X' in the battery icon. I can only use laptop plugged in. I have been using laptop a LOT over the past two weeks and wonder if that has added to problems? do i have to replace battery or is there anythign I can do? I HAVE to use my laptop over the next week.
It most likely needs a new battery, but you could try giving the battery a full charge first:
1. Power off the laptop and disconnect the power adapter.
2. Re-seat the battery (remove/reinsert)
3. Reconnect the power adapter and let it charge overnight. (6 hr+)
4. Disconnect the power adapter.
5. Power on the laptop (run under battery power only)
If it doesn't boot up and shuts down immediately, it's probably time to see about a replacement battery.
Posted on Jan 11, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1. your battery may need replacement
2. your power supply may need replacement
3. The connection power jack may be damaged and not receiving contact with the power supply.
4. the longevity of a laptop battery can be from 1-3 years max depending on usage.
5. check the power supply adapter with a volt meter to see if it is giving proper voltage.
Posted on Mar 13, 2010
You say it isn't charging, but will it run off of AC power? If it isn't getting *ANY* AC power, then it might be the female end of the power jack on the laptop. If it will run on AC, the culprit is likely to be a battery that needs replaced.
Posted on May 13, 2011
try removing the battery and just use the mains power. If the laptop works you may need a new battery. If it doesn't your charger is faulty.
Posted on Nov 26, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 06, 2014 | Dell Inspiron 1420 Laptop
Jan 01, 2013 | Audio Players & Recorders
Aug 21, 2012 | Cameras
Aug 05, 2012 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
Jul 17, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Apr 03, 2012 | Philips GOGEAR SA6045 MP3 Player
Feb 19, 2012 | Coby MP-610 MP3 Player
Nov 16, 2011 | 2004 Ford Expedition
Sep 06, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 1545 Notebook
Sep 09, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Storm 9530 Smartphone
147 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: