The clock is only wired for 120 V usage have been used with 220v and it no longer works. there is no internal fuse ,the transformer indication are ~80v for theblue-white output and 1.07v for the red-black output. what parts otherthen the transformer could be damaged? tanks in advance .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have had several different makes of clock radios and all said that it was battery back up for power failure
none worked and all settings had to be redone
power surges do not trip breakers as they are in effect a fuse to prevent damage to the wiring in a dead short situation or when a unit fails
even surge protectors will still pass power after a surge but will no longer protect against another surge
Hi, If that unit came from the states, the power would be 110V and in China tjhe voltage they use is 220V. That means, you have to check the fuse in the radio, replace if it is already open.If the fuse is still okay, the power circuit has a burned parts. My advise is to send it to a electronic tech or the nearby service center. Hope that helps!
That thing is fried.If you can do your own electronic repair,there are a few components where the plug comes in that would be cheap to replace.Without a solder gun and voltage meter though I would replace.
This problem sound like you have had some damaged to the earth ground in your electrical wiring system. You should have a electrician thoroughly test the electrical outlets and wiring in your house or apartment. You should be very careful using any electronic equipment with a problem like this. Your Clock/Radio should be unplugged from the a/c wall socket and the internal battery removed. This will allow the microprocessor that controls all the Clock/Radios functions to reset. The Clock/Radio should be left unplugged for a period of a few hours to discharge the microprocessor. This will help the microprocessor to heal itself from the lightning strike. You will need to get the ceiling light fixed. There might be a shorted wire or something causing its failure. This could also be a burnt wire. Lightning power overloads can be very dangerous to all electric and electronic equipment. Try putting your clock Radio on a rubber mat to isolate it from any traveling static electricity that may be in the air. Try to discharge any static electricity that may have built up on your hands by discharging it on a piece of metal like a screw driver or metal surface.Do this each time before you try to use the clock/Radios button functions. This will stop further damage from occurring during you handling of the Clock/Radio. After discharging the microprocessor, reassemble the battery into the Clock/Radio and plug in the wall socket. The operation should return to normal. If not you may have more serious damage to the microprocessor. You can call the Emerson Customer support at this telephone number 1-800-898-9020. Give then the make and model number of your Clock/ Radio and ask them for assistance. I hope this information helps you with your problem.
Unless thate is an internal fuse it that blew, most likely it will be more expensive to repair than replace. The transformer primary winding is probably burned out. You have nothing to lose, take it apart and see if there is a fuse. If so, replace it with the EXACT same value as the original. If not, its not worth fixing.
You didn't say what the symptoms were, other than it didn't work anymore. I am assuming it is completely dead.
Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.