a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Error Code 0x97 in Epson WF- 4630 means there is decrement in efficiency of printer. The printer may be not printing the pages as it used to print earlier. You don't need to worry anymore. You can follow either of the Solution to resolve the Error. Solution 1:
Step 1: Download "0x97 Fix Patch:
Step 2: Click "Scan" button.
Step 3: Click :Fix" button to repair the Printer. Solution 2:Step 1: Restart the computer. Login as an administrator user.
Step 2: Click "Start" button> "All Programs"> "Accessories"> "Tools"> "System restore".
Step 3 : Now click "Restore my machine to an earlier date"> "Next".
Step 4: Select most recent system restore date within the "tap a restoration date" Listing and click "Next".
Step 5: Click "Next" on the verification window.
Step 6: Restart your PC is required after the completion of restoration process.
Now, try to work with your printer again.
Call Epson Printer Support Team 1-800-213-8289 if the Error is not resolved or you are having any other kind of issues.
Visit: Epson Printer Support Phone Number 1 800 213 8289 Tech Support
Second, attempt the following which I copied this answer from another post concerning the same error code:
"The problem is waste ink around head sprayer (at (bottom plate of head). Turn of printer. Move head to center. Put wet tissue (with hot water) at head cleaning mechanic pad. Move head to parking position. wait till 10 minutes. check it. You can repeat 3 times." (Post by Anjazmoro Wicaksono)
If that does not work, are you able to open the printer and look for anything that may be blocking proper function?
power off the printer. removed the network cable only. power on until it display ready. now print a config sheet or menu map. if it print without error then connect the network cable and print config sheet again. wait and observed. if it will start printing garbage then KILL the print jobs queued on the printer. after deleting all print jobs power off and power on printer with network cable connected. I hope that will fix the problem. by the way. was there any error display in the panel display like "49.4C02". etc.
The printer displays an assert error code. Assert error codes indicate that the printer has an internal condition that may respond to a hard reset of the printer. Beyond that, service may be required. This document applies to the following products:
HP Photosmart p1000/1000, p1000xi printers
HP Photosmart p1100, p1100xi printers
HP Photosmart 1115 Printer
HP Photosmart 1215, 1215vm, 1218, and 1218xi printers
HP Photosmart 1315 Printer
SOLUTION: Hard reset of the printer
A hard reset of the printer may clear the error. Here is how to perform the hard reset:
Shut down the computer.
Open the top cover of the printer and remove the print cartridges.
Close the top cover of the printer.
Press the power button on the printer to turn the printer off.
Disconnect the communications, (USB or Parallel), cable from the back of the printer.
Disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer for one minute.
Reconnect the communications cable to the printer.
Reconnect the power cable to the printer.
Press the printer power button to turn the printer on.
Open the top cover and reinsert the print cartridges.
Close the top cover and print the calibration page.
I just had this problem and here's what I did (with a little help from a previous yahoo answers post)...
1. Turn printer and computer off
2. Disconnect printer from computer
3. Unplug printer completely
4. Hold power button on printer while plugging printer back into power source. Maintain holding power button in until printer cycles completely (Ihave no idea if hold it actually does anything...but I tried it and it worked)
5. Turn printer back off (which actually may happen anyway when you finally release the power button)
6. Reconnect printer back to power source and computer.
7. Power both back up.
That should do it hopefully. Also make sure your printer cartridges aren't totally out. It won't let you print if even one of them is completely empty.
>windows test page (printers & faxes, printer's properties page)
>self-test ; Please perform the following steps to ensure your printer is physically functioning.
1) Disconnect the printer cable that is connecting printer to the computer, by unclipping or unplugging it from the back of the printer.
2) Turn the printer ON by holding down the POWER button for about 3 seconds.
3) Load A4 or LETTER size paper in the sheet feeder on the back of the printer.
4) Press the MENU button on the control panel until NOZZLE CHECK appears. Press the COPY button.
5) The printer will print a pattern displaying a number and a nozzle pattern with black & color. Examine the nozzle check pattern that has printed. Each staggered horizontal line and straight vertical line should be complete.