• First of all try to locate a small switch
any, that you may have not noticed) at some place on the drive or memory
card reader. This is the prime reason for this error. If there is one,
switch it to the other side to turn the protection off.
• Yes I know this problem is also occurring these days without
this switch but not to worry. Just download this helpful software from here
and run it to execute a "low-level format
" on the drive. This software is quite handy and may take few attempts to actually remove the error.
• The problem can also be caused by some virus
activity so just get it scanned by some updated good anti virus which may solve your problem.
• BUT if none of the methods listed above solves your problem then
your pen drive might have gone corrupted, so just get it replaced.
Hope any of the methods listed above solves your problem.
After the low level format, you may need to "Partition the drive
Dont worry, partitioning a pen drive means allocating it its File
System and Cluster Size that was lost after the Low Level Format.
- Run diskmgmt.msc in Run.
- In the disk management window, select the pen drive, right click on it and click on Format.
- Now choose the File System and Allocation Unit Size and do not check the boxes below.
Click OK and the drive will be reusable after this.
Update 2 (Better Solution):
Follow the steps in this
post and just put the value 0 (zero) in step 5.
This will surely solve your problem now.
Update 3 (Solution Working):
Thanks to one of our readers Jim, who let us know about the tool called Neo 9
, using which we can easily this write protection problem.