If you have the TRU5885 model, or similar...
Setting clock to correct time:
1) Press menu.The system announces the current time. The message counter displays the day of the week (from Sunday to Saturday).
2) Press >>' or '<< until you're on correct day. It announces the day while the corresponding number for day of the week appears on base.
3) Press set/ringer to select the day.
4) Press >>' or '<< until you're on correct hour setting.The number for hour appears on the base.
5) Press set/ringer to select the hour.
6) Press >>' or '<< until you're on correct minute setting.The numbers for minutes appear on the base.
7) Press set/ringer to select the minute.
8) Press >>' or '<< until you hear correct AM or PM setting.
9) Press set/ringer to select the AM/PM setting.
A confirmation tone sounds, the system announces "time". The day and time are announced.
The page from the manual can be found here: http://www.manualslib.com/manual/184797/Uniden-Tru5885.html?page=46&term=time&selected=15
Complete manual: Uniden TRU5885 User Manual