a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Well it is either a problem with the SIM card or the phone. First you should test out your SIM card.
Put the SIM in a friend's phone. If you put the SIM card in this other phone but it still says insert sim card, then it is the SIM that is no good. If the SIM works fine in the other phone, it would be the phone that is the problem.
1. Ensure sim card is inserted the correct way (sounds asinine, but it happens more than you'd think)
2. Check contacts for build-up. A quick lick on your finger (not too much!) and rubbing of the exposed gold panels on the sim card should clean them sufficiently. Then toss the finger on the contacts on the phone.
3. Still not reading the SIM? If you have a friend on the same network as you, try putting his SIM card in and see if it reads it and turns on. This will pinpoint if it is a defect in the phone or your SIM card. If it still doesn't read your friend's card, I'm afraid your phone needs professional TLC. If it reads your friend's SIM card, return your SIM to your service provider (just walk into their store) and they will chop you up a new one right there on the spot.
Hope this helps!
Try rigorously cleaning the sim card and phone connections (also battery connections - after reading forums the batteries on V3's are often to blame for their problems) with a cotton bud then leave the phone off without the sim card in it and charge it overnight. Then put in the sim card and turn the phone on. This might help. My V3 often says Insert SIM and it is very annoying so i'm getting rid of it but those methods have worked for me.
its very simple!!! > Take out the back cover and the battery > W580i as its SIM card slot in the top right corner... > once you see the SIM card just push it in with your thumb nail for the SIM to pop out...