Question about Dell Latitude D620 Notebook
Recently, during the majority of the time that I am on my laptop, the screen is grey. When I fiddle with the screen by moving it back and forth, it will come in clear and then back to grey. What should I do?
I just fixed my dell which also had a grey screen. Here's how to fix it:
(1) Remove the six round rubber pads around the edges of the screen, They are only attached by adhesive, so peel them back.
(2) Remove the six (now visible) screws
(3) Gently pull on the plastic front piece until it begins to come free, then peel back the bottom edge of the plastic front which is held on via more adhesive tape.
(4) Remove the two screws at the edges of the exposed LCD, and lift the LCD back
(5) The cable that comes up the back of the LCD is just loose,DO NOT let the circuit board flex much: CAREFULLY Peel back the tape that holds the cable on to the circuit board. then press the connector back in, and re apply the tape
(6) Now turn the computer back on to see that the problem is fixed, if so put it all back together...
I hope this Fixed Ya' problem,
Posted on Jun 22, 2012
You screen is Faulty Losse Or Broken
May Need Replacing by a Tech
Posted on Jan 22, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 12, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Oct 03, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Aug 19, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jun 28, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jun 25, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jun 10, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jun 01, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jul 27, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Oct 04, 2009 | Computers & Internet
562 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: