I puched the color copy button- it started to print the top 1" ofthe page then stopped. And now all the lights are flahing.
I unplugged the cable and the power cable, re plugged everything back . and booted the computer. How do I get the light from flashing and to print again?
Thanks for you help!!
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Turn on the HP all-in-one. 2. Disconnect the USB cable from the all-in-one. 3. Press the sequence of front panel buttons below to initiate the print cartridge alignment process. The button-press sequence must be completed within ten seconds. It might take several tries to complete the sequence within ten seconds.
a. Press and hold Cancel. b. While holding Cancel, press On. c. When the Check Paper and Check Print Cartridge lights begin to blink simultaneously, release both buttons. d. Press Cancel again. e. Press Copies. f. Press Paper Type. g. Press Color Start Copy. h. The alignment page will begin printing. If the alignment page does not print, repeat the button-press sequence in this step.
4. Once the alignment page is printed, place the page face down on the scanner glass and press Scan. The alignment is complete when the On light stops blinking. 5. Reconnect the USB cable.
Disconnect the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable from the back of the product, but leave the product turned on. Open the cover of the product and remove the print cartridges. Close the cover and wait for the Insert Ink Cartridges message to display. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product and wait for one minute. Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button. Open the cover and reinsert the print cartridges. Close the cover. If prompted, print a calibration page. Reconnect the USB cable, and try to print a print job from the computer.
The printer is printing alignment page. This will be printed if the printer was reset or if you have changed the ink cartridges. We need to complete the alignment process.
1. Place the printed page on the scanner correctly. 2. Press scan button on the printer. 3. The ON light will start blinking, wait until the ON/OFF light stops blinking. 4. Now the alignment is completed and it should not print anymore untill next cartridge change
Place the original on the glass.
1) Open the document cover and place your original face-down on the glass, in the upper left corner. Move your original about 1/10 inch away from the top and left edges so all of it will be copied.
2) Close the cover gently so you don't move the original .
Caution : Never open the document beyond where it stops and do not place heavy objects on top of the CX4600.
If you need to copy or scan a thick or large document, you can remove the document cover. Just open it and pull it straight up.
If you need to press the document flat while you copy or scan it, do not press too hard and be careful not to move it.
Caution : Do not use excessive force on the document cover, and do not twist it diagonally. You may damage the document cover.
When you are done, replace the document cover by inserting the tabs back into the slots.
Copying a document.
1) Load paper.
2) Press copy button until you see the desired number of copiesin the Copy window You can select up to 9 copies at a time.
3) Press the paper type button to select PLain Paper. The light indicates which type is selected.
4) Press the paper size button to select Letter.
5) If you want your copies automatically reduced or enlarged to fit the loaded paper size, press the Fit to Page button.
6) To make color copy, press the Start Color button
To make black and white copy, press Start B&W button.
The ON light flashes and after a moment the CX4600 starts printing.
If you need to stop copying at any time, just press the Stop button. Do no pull out paper that is printing, it will eject automatically to the output tray.
Hope this helps. Please rate my response.
Have a good day.
After replacing the ink cartridge you should print the alignment page to work product perfectly. Follow the below instructions to print alignment page:
Turn on the HP PSC 1200 or 1300 series
Disconnect the USB cable from the all-in-one.
Press the sequence of front panel buttons below to
start the print cartridge alignment process.
The button-press sequence must be completed within
ten seconds. It might take several tries to complete the sequence within ten
Press and hold Cancel .
While holding Cancel , press On .
When the Check
Paper and Check Print Cartridge
lights begin to blink simultaneously, release both buttons.
Press Cancel again.
Press Copies .
Start Copy .
The alignment page will begin printing.
If the alignment page does not print, repeat the
button-press sequence in this step.
When the alignment page has printed, place the page
face down on the scanner glass and press Scan .
The alignment is complete when the On light stops blinking.
Reconnect the USB cable.
If the issue still persists, perform semifull reset by following the below instructions
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Unplug the power cord from the back of the
Wait 30 seconds and plug the power cord back into
the wall outlet.
Plug the power cord to the back of the
When the lights begin to flash, press and hold the
On/Resume and Number of Copies Buttons.
When only the On/Resume light is flashing, release the
When the On/Resume light is steady, the reset is
error 1203 means either or both cartridges have short circuited and needs replacement..
You will need to perform the following steps to find out which cartridge is defective:
1. With the printer turned ON, open the front cover and remove both cartridges from the printer. 2. Power the printer OFF and unplug the power cable for 30 seconds. Plug the power cable back in and turn ON the printer. 3. If the error message is now cleared from the printer, please perform the "Self-Test" by following the steps below:
1. Make sure the printer is in “Copy Mode.”
2. Press the “Menu” button once.
3. The screen will display “Copy Menu: Copies”.
4. Press the left arrow button once. The screen will display “Copy Menu: Tools”.
5. Press the check button once. The screen with read “Tools: Maintenance”.
6. Press the check button once. The screen with read “Maintenance: Ink Levels”.
7. Press the right arrow button until the screen reads “Maintenance: Print Test Page”.
8. Press the check button once. This will start the Self-Test. Once the page has printed, the printer will stop. The test is not continuous.
If the printer has detected a "Cartridge Missing" error, then please follow the steps given below:
1. Turn the power OFF. 2. Open the front cover. 3. Turn the power back ON. The print cartridge carrier should move to the install position located in the middle of the printer. If it does not, close and reopen the cover: 4. Reseat both cartridges in the printer and check for the error. 5. If the error still displays, then remove the color print cartridge. 6. Close the cover. 7. If there is no error indicated by flashing lights, the color cartridge has short-circuited. 8. However, if you continue to get an error, repeat steps 1-3, and then go to step 9. 9. Remove the black print cartridge and reinsert the color cartridge. 10. If there is no error indicated by flashing lights, the black cartridge has short-circuited. 11. If you continue to receive an error in both cartridge scenarios, both print cartridges have short-circuited.
1. Turn on the HP DeskJet. 2. Disconnect the USB cable from the all-in-one. 3. Press the sequence of front panel buttons below to start the print cartridge alignment process. The button-press sequence must be completed within ten seconds. It might take several tries to complete the sequence within ten seconds. 1. Press and hold Cancel . 2. While holding Cancel , press On . 3. When the Check Paper and Check Print Cartridge lights begin to blink simultaneously, release both buttons. 4. Press Cancel again. 5. Press Copies . 6. Press Paper Type . 7. Press Color Start Copy . The alignment page will begin printing. If the alignment page does not print, repeat the button-press sequence in this step. 4. When the alignment page has printed, place the page face down on the scanner glass and press Scan . The alignment is complete when the On light stops blinking. 5. Reconnect the USB cable.
I believe that after changing the ink cartridge you havent completed the alignment process.This Alignment test page will print everytime you turn the printer ON.To Complete the alignment follow my steps.
1.After turning the printer ON, wait untill the printer prints the Alignment test page.
2.Then place the alignment test paper on the scanner, facing down in a correct position.
3.Then press the Scan button(color) and wait untill the printer ON light stops flashing.
4.After the light stops flashing, take the paper out and the alignment process is completed.
Turn OFF and turn On the printer, it will not print the Test page again.try it and please let me know.Would really appreciate your rating for my solution.
Does this help? You obviously have to insert the media type into the media slot on the far right.(omoademola)
Using the top control panel Printing tasks Scanning/Copying/Faxing tasks Troubleshooting
The top control panel lets you print an image from a photo card, scan a document or image, and copy a document or image with the press of a button.
1 Power : Turns the All-In-One on or off.
2 Copy: light Illuminates when Copy Mode is selected.
3 Mode: Changes the copy, scan, or photo card mode.
4 Scan: light Illuminates when Scan Mode is selected.
5 Photo Card: light Illuminates when Photo Card Mode is selected.
6 Rotate: Rotates the image 90 degrees.
7 LCD Panel: Number of Copies- this changes the copy count.
Note: This feature is not active in Scan Mode.
8 Display: Shows copy, scan, and photo card selections.
9 Resize: Enlarges or reduces the size of the image.
10 Page Preview: Shows a preview of the output.
11 Select: Secures an option.
12 Menu: Provides options for image.
13 Arrow : Scrolls left, right, up, or down.
14 Stop/Clear: Cancels a print job or clears a selection.
15 Color Start: Initiates color copy, scan, or photo card output.
16 Black Start: Initiates black copy, scan, or photo card output.