Question about HP Officejet 4315 All-in-One Printer
My office jet 4315 all in one isn't ringing at all
first can you try this;
You can test your fax setup to check the status of the device and to make sure it is set up properly for faxing. Perform this test after you have completed setting up the device for faxing. The test does the following:
• Tests the fax hardware
• Verifies the correct type of phone cord is connected to the device
• Checks that the phone cord is plugged into the correct port
• Checks for a dial tone
• Checks for an active phone line
• Tests the status of your phone line connection
The device prints a report with the results of the test. If the test fails, review the report for information on how to fix the problem and rerun the test.
To test fax setup
1. Set up the device for faxing according to your particular home or office setup instructions.
2. Make sure the ink cartridges are installed, and that full-size paper is loaded in the main tray before starting the test.
3. From the device control panel, press Setup.
4. Press right arrow to select Tools, and then press OK.
5. Press right arrow to select Run Fax Test, and then press OK.
The device displays the status of the test on the display and prints a report.
6. Review the report.
• If the test passes and you are still having problems faxing, check the fax
settings listed in the report to verify the settings are correct. A blank or
incorrect fax setting can cause problems faxing.
let me know.
Posted on Jan 21, 2009
SOURCE: Fax Problem
turn the printer on ...
unplug the power cable without turning the printer off....
press and hold # & 3, keep them on hold ....
while holding these two buttons put the power cable back in ... and wait for a few the screen to come up ... the screen may go blank ... use the power button to turn the printer on ... try to receive the fax ...
if it will not work then try # & 6 .... remember take the backup of phone numbers if stored on the printer as it ll erase the memory of the printer ,,,
Posted on May 23, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 14, 2010 | Printers & Copiers
Jul 01, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-In-One...
Feb 26, 2010 | HP J4680 Office Jet All-In-One Printer
May 15, 2009 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 30, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 4315 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 01, 2008 | HP OfficeJet k60 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Sep 17, 2008 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
Set to fax, ring it from another phone, what happens? Count how many times it rings before answering (if it answers)
Do you have other things attached to it?
Where is the phone line attached to socket marked line or ext?
Do you use Broadband? Has the fax got filters attached before it?
Are there other phones in the house or has the fax a dedicated line?
Oct 20, 2007 | HP Officejet 4215v All-in-One Printer
118 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!