Question about Brother MFC-8840D All-In-One Laser Printer
Yes, the scanner light is normal always on, even if the cover is closed.
Try cleaning the rollers with some water.
Check if there is a piece of paper or staple or something else in the paper path.
If still jamming you need an engineer to service your ADF.
Please use the platen mode to make copies
Good luck and please rate me, thanks.
Posted on Jan 21, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 26, 2013 | Fujitsu Fi6130z Sheetfed Scanner
1. Do the documents satisfy paper specification?
2. Have the documents been jogged?
• Align the edge of documents for stable paper feeding.
• Remove documents with crease or dog-ear.
• Scanning different width of documents may cause skew and result in paper jam.
3. Are Chuter Unit (ADF paper chute),Guide P ASSY (Sheet guide), Feed roller cover (plate guide) and Brake roller cover installed correctly?
4. Clean the Feed rollers, Eject rollers,Plastic rollers, glass surface and paper feeding surface, and see if the error is
5. Replace Pick roller or Brake roller, and see if the error is resolved.Check the consumable counter from the TWAIN driver screen or from the built-in Maintenance mode. When the counter exceeds the values, replace Pick roller or Brake roller.
6. If the issue still persists, then you are recommended to contact the nearest Fujitsu service center for further assistance.
Hope the above information is helpful.
Thanks & regards,
May 03, 2013 | Fujitsu Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 05, 2013 | Samsung CLX 3160fn All-In-One Printer
I am a Support Engineer with Xerox Scanners.
E8 is a Paper Jam error that could be caused by:
- paper crumpling during scan.
- paper is multi-feeding all at once instead of feeding separate.
- scanner continuously tries to feed after paper has fed through.
if the paper is crumpling during the scan, make sure the inside of the scanner is clear of any obstructions. use the paper guides in the ADF tray to keep the paper straight when feeding in.
if the paper is multifeeding while scanning, fan out the pages before inserting them into the scanner. if problem persists, try cleaning the rollers with rubbing alcohol and a lint free cloth.
if scanner tries to continually feed after the paper feeds through, the ADF tray will need to be reseated. open the scanner and remove the ADF tray at the top. line up the 4 keys at the bottom of the tray with the 4 corresponding key slots inside the scanner. push the tray back until it clicks into place.
We also have an extensive support site and knowledgebase at http://www.xeroxscanners.com/en/en/support/
If you continue to experience trouble, please feel free to contact us by calling 800-648-0410.
Xerox Scanners Support
Jan 28, 2013 | Xerox DocuMate 162 Pass-Through Scanner
Oct 27, 2012 | Lexmark Pinnacle Pro901
Jul 14, 2011 | Lexmark C530dn Laser Printer
Nov 24, 2010 | Brother MFC-8460N All-In-One Printer
Jan 04, 2010 | Brother MFC-8460N All-In-One Printer
May 26, 2009 | HP Scanjet 8350 Flatbed Scanner
Jan 03, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
240 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: