- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
did you try the copier function?if you can copy documents then the scanner is good,well if it wont works you cant print neither..but as you said you get a print out.reinstall it carefully and slowly..the logic board has no problem,just focus on the driver..
You can recive fax .
start>steeting>printers and Fax> Setup Fax.You need windows XP CD for this Fax installation.IF manufacturer given software u r not need to install again.Just review the fax configuration by rigt click on fax icon then go to properties.
IF it helps pls RATE ME
Click on "control panel" on your computer, click on "printers and faxes", click on "install printer" (left of screen on my program). Then the installation Wizard should come up and follow its instructions.
Whether or not you have to go to "scanners" (same page as "printers and faxes") I'm not sure. Do the first steps I have listed for a start and if scanner doesnt work use scanner wizard. Hope that helps. Good luck.
Are you able to print? I suspect so. If not your probably looking at a bad cable or corrupt windows drivers.
The director software uses it's own system to talk to the printer via scan / fax though printing is controlled by windows itself. Since scan and fax are the same function to the printer, essentially i would start by re-installing the director software.
1. Remove it via add/remove programs, don't reinstall over. It may work but you'll likely just waste time, you want all it's files gone and replaced with new ones.
2. If that has no effect remove the printer from Control Panel > Printers. Also remove the scanner device from Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager >
3. Reboot, windows doesn't really remove things till you shut it off.
4. Install the director software again, hook up the printer when asked.
If you can print at all communciation with the device is perfectly fine from a hardware perspective.
If you can fax without the computer then your scanner and such is fine from a hardwware perspective.
So your problem is simple software, either windows devices install or hp director. Both simple to remove and re-input.