Master reset: Clears all the memory and initializes each preset parameter. The master reset should be performed by using the following procedure.
1. Turn off the power (Power OFF). (See Note 1.)
2. Remove the memory back up battery from ECR.
3. Turn the mode switch to any position other than Power OFF.
4. Turn on the power (Power ON). (See Note 2.) When the master rest is completed, the buzzer sounds three times.
5. Install the memory back up batteries back into the ECR. The master reset can also be accomplished in the following case. (See Note 3.)
Note 1) Power OFF: Means disconnecting the AC power supply to the machine. (Specifically, unplugging the machine.)
Note 2) Power ON: Means connecting the AC power to the machine. (Specifically, plugging in the machine.)
Note 3) In case a power failure occurs when the machine has no battery installed, the master reset operation is automatically performed after the power has been restored.
If you wish to get some details; check the site linked here. Pull up older posts.