I would assume this could have been a product that was returned to the company that you purchased it from. Follow these instructions.
1. 1. Disconnect power from the base by pulling the plug out of the back of the unit.
2. Press and hold the Page button and while holding the Page button reconnect the power.
3. Continue to hold the Page button until the charge/in use light flashes rapidly.
4. Release the Page button.
5. Press and release the page button on the base once. All handsets are de-registered and
HANDSET NEEDS REGISTRATION shows in the display.
From the Handset Setup Menu:
1. Press the caller ID-volume ( 6 or 5) button to scroll to the REGISTRATION sub-menu.
2. Press the mute/program button to enter the menu. REGISTRATION 1YES 42NO - - -shows
in the display. The default setting is 2NO.
3. Use the touch-tone pad to select 1 for YES or 2 for NO. Or use the caller ID-volume ( 6 or
5) button to scroll to 1YES or 2NO.
4. If you select YES, press the mute/program button. HOLD BASE PAGE FOR 5 SECONDS, THEN
PRESS HANDSET PROGRAM shows in the display. (Your handset should be held near the
base during registration process.)
5. Press and hold the page button on the base unit until the charge/in use indicator flashes.
Press the handset mute/program button. REGISTERING shows in the display. HANDSET X
REGISTERED shows in the handset display, where X is the handset number. You may now
rename your handset. (Refer to Step 3 & 4 of Handset Name Section)
NOTE: IF you are re-registering the handset through the handset menu;
to rename your handset you must go to the Handset Name Section and
start from the beginning step.
I understand that you have tried the registation process. Sometimes with electronics, you have to start from ground 0, before it will work correct again.
If there are further questions or comments, please post here.
Please rate this solutn through fix-it.
Jun 22, 2007 |
GE 28111 Cordless Phone