- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When you plug in the power cord is there any lightswhatsoever on the laptop, where the plug goes in or on the AC Adapter of thepower cord?
When you press the power button do you hear fans running, hard drive spinning,lights on the computer, hear any beeps or lights constantly blinking, hear theDvD/CD drive click and the light on the drawer of the DvD/CD turn on for asecond or two? If so the laptop is trying to boot or may have booted, butthe screen is not showing for some reason.
Beep tones and blinking lights tells the technicians what is going on with thelaptop and why it is not booting. Most times it's a motherboard issuewhen you hear beeps or blinking lights continuous.
Maybe your power cord is bad if you don't get anything to happen whatsoeverwhen you press the power button. And if that's true maybe you wasoperating off the battery the last time you had it on and since the power cordis bad, it was not charging the battery so the battery is drained and the powercord is bad.
Maybe you have a Static Charge Buildup. Remove the Power Cord, Remove theBattery, then Press and Hold the power button for 30seconds. After 30 seconds plug the power cord back in (leave the batteryout) and hit the power button to see if it boots. If it does, you can putthe battery back in and let it charge.Maybe your DC Power Jack which is where the power cord plugsinto the computer is bad. Take an ink pen and push the tip inside thejack and see if the little pin wiggles, if so the jack is bad. You'll have totake the laptop apart to fix it. Most times it is soldered onto themotherboard, so you will have to desolder the old and solder a new one.
I believe blinking lights on the Caps and NumLock means that there is a problem about the Hardware, I've been a Tech Support for HP and those blinking lights are problems for Video Card, CPU, Memory. It would be better if you call the manufacturer try if they can service your machine.
Some units will charge with the light on and when it reaches full capacity the light goes off preventing overcharging the battery. Now! you mentioned that the battery had charged, how long did the battery run? "should be around 2 hours" If you find the light comes back on to recharge the battery then this probably normal. But if the battery is ready to be charged and no light comes on, then it indicates the charging circuits in the motherboard is not working.
There are a few things left you can try. First take the battery out and make sure the unit is unplugged. Next push the power button a few times to discharge any power inside the unit. Now put the battery back in and while plugging in the unit see if the charge light comes on or flickers at all.
If it flickers and goes out, you have a bad power cord or worse a bad jack on the laptop's main board. If it never comes on, you have a bad power cord or mainboard. The battery is probably dead (doesen't have a charge left in it.)
You said this happens regardless of if the battery is inserted. Have you tried powering up the unit with no battery installed and just the power plug?
I'd see about gettting a replacement cord first. If that doesen't do it you probably have a bad board.
Most likely issue is that the cord has been damaged, or that the power jack has become loose.
First step is to remove the battery and try plugging in. If the light comes on, on the front of the laptop, your battery may be dirty or defective. If the unit will still not power, you will need to test your cord or look into a new cord. If the cord puts out the proper 19v (give or take .5v) then the issue lies with the laptop jack. Otherwise a new cord will most likely do the trick.
I had a Hp or compaq tablet *with swivel screen. I have a hard time myself trying to get it to beam up. what a pesky switch. But I do know what happened to it before it started acting bad.... the spot where I plug in the power cord got extremely loose.. and i had to hold it just so with one leg of mine in the air one under me.. :D joke but you get the point. Just to try to get it to charge up. I didnt know if it was just the plug... I found out later with the help of a charging dock. That it was in fact the chargeing hole... After about 5 hrs playing with the cord in the charge dock to get it just right. It charged up for a measly hr or so. But since then when I use the charge dock the laptop will boot up...
Have you tried attaching an external monitor when the LCD screen is disconnected from the motherboard? this connector is located under the keyboard strip – a piece of plastic just above the keyboard. If it works, this way, then the video cable isn’t seated properly in the connector on the back of the screen.Plugging the video cable back in should fix the problem. I don’t know how comfortable you are with taking apart laptops but I think that this information could be useful for you. Source: http://www.asklaptopfreak.com/laptop-notebook-help/2006/08/08/laptop-powers-on-and-shuts-off-immediately/
I had a similar issue with the Armada M700 from Compaq. Never did figure it out exactly. But I do know this. When you unplug the power chord and take out the battery and plug the power chord back in while the battery is out usually for some reason it turned on allowing me to replace the battery which would then begin charging. Your problem interests me because I can really relate!
This sounds like a battery problem. The best way to test this is to remove the battery and then power the laptop up with just the power cord plugged in but no battery. If the computer boots then the battery is bad you will need a replacement. Also try letting the battery charge for a day. Be sure that the charging light is coming on when you have it plugged in.