How to replace motor mounts on a 1967 chevy impala?
I have a 1967 Chevelle and they should be similar.
1. Chock the rear wheels.
2. Open hood to see if engine fan is going to hit radiator. If so, remove (easier of the two) radiator or fan. [sometimes it may not be necessary to remove either one]
Because you are going to raise the engine to remove & replace the Motor Mounts.
3. Loosen & Remove Nuts on both Motor Mounts & from Engine.
4. Raise car and secure with jack stands.
5. Remove both front tires.
6. Remove Bolts from transmission mount.
You don't want transmission to be bolted to frame or engine won't be able to be raised.
7. Use a 2x4 piece of wood to lay across jack and place across the oil-pan.
Slowly & Carefully raise engine & make sure the jack is not going to slip. Leave jack in place.
8. Remove bolts from engine & engine mounts to remove old engine mounts. Replace New Engine Mounts and hardware.
* Remember where all bolts came from.
***** Be careful when removing bolts and motor mounts & re-installing them.
***** Hands and Fingers have been known to be crushed.
I think I've covered everything & I hope instructions are clear enough to understand.
Good Luck & Work Safe!
Sep 17, 2014 |
Vehicle Parts & Accessories