Question about Sharp 25R-S100 25" TV

1 Answer

Coaxial outlet broke off

How do I replace the outlet coaxial outlet unit on the back of the unit? I opened up the television to see that it has been soldered pretty well to the board. I know that the board is sensitive and I don't want to mess anything up. I bought the replacement piece but am not sure how to remove the old one to replace it with the new one? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Expert
  • 398 Answers
Re: coaxial outlet broke off

I assume that you pulled the F connector out of the back of the TV. In most Sharps, the F connector is attached directly to the tuner, which is the rectangular silver metal box soldered to the main PC board. Did you buy a replacement F connector or the entire tuner? Either way, the tuner must be unsoldered from the main board and the new F connector is soldered into the old tuner or the new tuner is soldered in its place. If you do not have experience soldering PC boards then let a qualified tech handle it for you.

Posted on Jul 03, 2007

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Haier tv the female plug that connects to the cable coaxial broke off. What can I do?

The tuner should be replaced. The Female plug is the part of the tuner. But, an experienced service technician can replace it. It is not a user repairable work.

Sep 09, 2013 | Standard (CRT) Televisions

1 Answer

Trying to connect my DISH DVR, GE TV and DVD/VCR Magnadvox Player. The DVD Player doesn't have a coaxial connection that fits the cable wire and my TV only has one RCA (3 jack) cable that is needed for...

In that case you may require an adapter box that allows multiple items to be plugged in to one socket. Ebay stock this sort of item as do electronics Hi Fi outlets, Radio Shack, Maplins etc.
Hope this helps.

Jan 02, 2011 | GE Standard (CRT) Televisions

2 Answers

Coaxial hookup broke off. Can i use an s cable through vcr? need instructions.

If your Sharp television has RCA jacks, you may use them through your VCR. Your VCR would have to have a tuner and then you may use this as a means for getting a signal. Newer VCRs and DVD players generally do not have a tuner. Thanks for asking!

Jul 22, 2010 | Sharp 27N-S300 TV

1 Answer

I broke the part that you screw on to the tv the

you need a coaxial plug with number sk25fcon. but need a technitian.

Apr 22, 2010 | Sanyo DS32224 TV

1 Answer

My cable plug broke off the back of my tv. What should I do..can I take it in to get fixed.

If the plug broke off, it should still be connected by wire to the components inside, and therefore still useable. Coaxial is very tough and would be hard to break unless cut. But if it did, I would recommend having taking it in to get serviced because coaxial wires are a pain in the behind to attach to their sockets.
With the right tools and know how it is a very quick fix, so don't let anyone rip you off.

Dec 16, 2009 | Standard (CRT) Televisions

1 Answer

The coaxial hookup broke so you can't hookup the cable directly to it.

Must call cable provider for service,the coaxial cable is very long require new cable wire hook up.

Oct 14, 2009 | Standard (CRT) Televisions

1 Answer

Coaxial output broken

If the connector end is not damaged and the tuner circuit board is not broken, you can solder this back onto tuner, and solder the end back on the circuit board. You should take the tuner out to do this proceedure. A TV shop usually charges $50.00 to do this.

Oct 24, 2008 | Sanyo DS20930 20" TV

1 Answer

No coaxial connector on tv

if it has an antana input the two screws on the back, you get an adapter from almost any department store for around 3 bucks.

Aug 16, 2008 | GE 35GT740 35" TV

1 Answer

Cable ready tv components

This part is called a coaxal RF connector.

Dec 01, 2007 | Standard (CRT) Televisions

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sharp 25R-S100 25" TV Logo

Related Topics:

180 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sharp Standard (CRT) Televisions Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

66499 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1187 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

4720 Answers

Are you a Sharp Standard (CRT) Television Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides