Question about HP J4680 Office Jet All-In-One Printer
Have new hp m9402f computer and new all in one j4680 officjet. printing is fine. have printer on auto answer on 2 ring . keeps ringing but no receive. mail is email@example.com
To receive a fax manually
1. Make sure the device is turned on and you have paper loaded in the main tray.
2. Remove any originals from the document feeder tray.
3. Set the Rings to Answer setting to a high number to allow you to answer the
incoming call before the device answers. Or, turn off the Auto Answer setting so
that the device does not automatically answer incoming calls.
4. If you are currently on the phone with the sender, instruct the sender to press Start
on their fax machine.
5. When you hear fax tones from a sending fax machine, do the following:
a. Press the left arrow or the right arrow to select Fax B&W or Color fax.
b. Press Start.
c. After the device begins to receive the fax, you can hang up the phone or
remain on the line. The phone line is silent during fax transmission.
Hope this initial info helps you.
Posted on Jan 21, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 07, 2015 | HP Officejet 6700 Premium E-All-In-One...
Mar 07, 2015 | HP Officejet 6700 Premium E-All-In-One
Aug 23, 2014 | HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One Printer
Dec 11, 2010 | HP Photosmart C7280 Laser Printer
To set the answer mode to manual or automatic via the control panel
? Press Auto Answer to turn the light on or off, as appropriate for your setup.
When the Auto Answer light is on, the device answers calls automatically. When
the light is off, the it does not answer calls.
To set the answer mode to manual or automatic via the embedded Web server
1. Open the embedded Web server, click the Settings tab, click Fax in the left pane,
and then click the Basic sub-tab.
2. Select On or Off in the Auto Answer drop-down menu in the Other Basic Fax
Set the number of rings before answering
If you turn on the Auto Answer setting, you can specify how many rings occur before
incoming calls are automatically answered.
The Rings to Answer setting is important if you have an answering machine on the
same phone line as the device, because you want the answering machine to answer
the phone before the device does. The number of rings to answer for the device
should be greater than the number of rings to answer for the answering machine.
For example, set your answering machine to a low number of rings and the device to
answer in the maximum number of rings. (The maximum number of rings varies by
country/region.) In this setup, the answering machine answers the call and the device
monitors the line. If the device detects fax tones, it receives the fax. If the call is a
voice call, the answering machine records the incoming message.
To set the number of rings before answering via the control panel
1. Press Setup.
2. Press Basic Fax Setup, and then press Rings to Answer.
3. Enter the appropriate number of rings by using the keypad, or press the left or right
arrow button to change the number of rings.
4. Press OK to accept the setting.
To set the number of rings before answering via the embedded Web server
1. Open the embedded Web server, click the Settings tab, click Fax in the left pane
and then click the Basic sub-tab.
2. Select a number in the Rings-to-answer drop-down menu in the Other Basic Fax
Dec 02, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro L7650 Printer
Nov 11, 2010 | HP Officejet J5780 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 26, 2009 | HP Officejet J4680 InkJet Printer
Sep 23, 2009 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 19, 2009 | HP J4680 Office Jet All-In-One Printer
Mar 14, 2008 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
86 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: