An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: Cannot connect to sky router
Sometime this would because your router is thinking that your phone is a hacking device and so it will not allow full connection so if you put a password on you router it would probily fix your problem
I, I have bought one of these clever phones , it will find my sky router but will not connect to it - allthe ip adress etc are there it just keeps saying it cant connect - any ideas? Oh ps. the connection is currently unsecured - would it make a differance?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I see that your are having issues with your AVAYA, see details below.
* First find out the IP address of your Router. *Inout that IP address in your AVAYA, this should make you AVAYA detect the Router or Network. *once the Network is detected then you can set you AVAY for use.
Your AVAYA will need an IP address to connect to this will enable it for use, this should fix your concern.
Make sure that you have all the details that you need to be able to set up your AVAYA like the port number that it wwill be using in the aNetwork.
There will be 2 ethernet ports on the back of your AVAY one will be connected to the Router which should give the AVAY the power to turn it ON and the network connection to provide data transfer, the other ethernet port will be connected to your computer this is where the data from the router goes to if you have files that are shared in the network, and if you are running application from a Network.
I hope that this will be helpful regarding your query.
I bought SNOM 300 and i was unable to connect the router in first go. it was keep saying Send DHCP reqt but nothing was happening. i tried even connecting SNOM 300 dirctly to my laptop but in vain. in last i started receiving message Ethernet cable unplugged.
I reset the SNOM 300 to the factory defaults which solved the problem immediately.
Get to the phone menu "configuration-Reset" and select this option. it will ask for the admin password which is 0000. This will fix the issue. try it.
I'm not quite clear on your problem. But I think what your describing would be difficult to archive. That's if I understand you correctly!
Perhaps what you might want to consider is this sort of device. It allows to normal (PSTN) telephones to be used as either SIP (VoIP) or as normal PSTN telephones. It does not require a PC once it's been set-up.
- You need to upgrade to the latest firmware. This is available from the Philips website. Make sure you select exactly the model of your phone. There are some instructions about how to upgrade the firmware in the manual
- Then you need to perform a reset of the system. ie: get a sharp tool and ram it into the tiny little hole on the black box which comes with the phone. If you don't do this after upgrading, it doesn' t work.
- One other tip is to check the firewall settings on your router allow the traffic in/out as well.
I called the Philips service center, and they were a bit useless, but they said if it doesn't work you could try taking the batteries out of the phone for 4 hours. Hmmmm... only try this if the above doesn't work!