Question about Veritas Backup Exec 10 for Windows Servers Advanced Disk-based Backup Option for PC
When i run Backup Exec 10.0 on my NT server it gives me the following errors
1. Error starting the service Backup Exec Agent Browser" The service didi not start due to a logon failure
2. Error starting the service Backup Exec Device & Media Services
3.Error starting the service Backup Exec: Server. The dependence service or group failed to start.
4. Error starting the service Backup Exec: Job Engine. The dependence service or group failed to start
This is most likely caused by a change in the user acount password that you created the profile with. Under network select Logon account Managment. in here you will see the accounts that you used to login to the Domain. (AD) Consider setting up separate accounts (backup, etc) for these services & scheduled jobs, rather than using the admin or personal accounts. This way you can still change the admin account password on a regular basis & maintain security, but not have to go the hassle of updating all of these at each change. You may also opt to set these specific accounts so that the passwords do not expire automatically so that you do not have to deal with that scenario.
Posted on Jan 23, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 30, 2015 | Microsoft Exchange Server for PC
Feb 23, 2011 | Veritas Backup Exec 10 for Windows Servers...
Try the following action to resovle your issue:
1. Run the Drive Assessment Test in HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools.
CAUTION: Running the Drive Assessment Test overwrites the tape. If it is not possible to
overwrite the tape, run the logs-based Device Analysis Test instead.
2. Check the backup logs.
3. Verify that a supported configuration is being used.
4. Check for media damage:
o Incorrect label placement
o Broken, missing, or loose leader pin
o Damaged cartridge seam
o Usage in incorrect environment
5. Check for software issues:
a. Check the backup software.
b. Check that virus scanning software is not scheduled to run at the same time as the back-up.
6. Verify that a tape can be formatted.
Tape Error LED is flashing:
1. Reload the suspect tape. If the Tape Error LED stops flashing, the problem has cleared.
2. Load a new or known good tape. If the Tape Error LED stops flashing, the problem has cleared.
3. Reload the suspect tape. If the Tape Error LED flashes, discard the suspect media as faulty.
From my experience, most of the time it is a bad tape, using a new tape usually solves the problem. If after inserting a new tape and the problem exist, you may need to update your firmware/backup software.
Jan 13, 2011 | HP Compaq ProLiant ML350 G3 Server
Dec 17, 2009 | Veritas Backup Exec 10 for Windows Servers...
Oct 18, 2009 | Dell 962 Photo All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 01, 2009 | Dell 962 Photo All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jun 03, 2008 | Tandberg Data 200/400GB 420LTO LTO2...
Feb 18, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Server Standard 2003 for...
Dec 31, 2007 | Veritas Backup Exec 10 for Windows Servers...
Mar 09, 2017 | Veritas Backup Exec 10 for Windows Servers...
2,406 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: