Question about Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Notebook
I insert a disk to install a printer on the laptop and drive does not seem to do anything
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
ur lens is getting weak
pls try this take out the dvd from drive u will see a shiny eye like thing it is lens try to clean it in circular motions with very soft cloth used to clean lcd's and then try those dvd 's otherwise u have to get the drive replaced ur lens is weaken due to some faulty media and excessive use it is a normal wear and tear process
pls rate me fixya for my help
Posted on Mar 06, 2009
Before you've remove the dvd rom try to check also the connector cable of the dvd rom. Try to use another cable if you have. maybe the defect is the cable. Just try to use another cable.
Posted on Dec 23, 2009
here is a ebay link.
Good luck and Happy Computing
Posted on Jan 10, 2010
SOURCE: My computer, a lenovo y510
Based on your situation, I suggest trying the following steps:
1. Turn on the system then insert the recovery disk inside the ODD.
2. Now turn off the computer while recovery disk is inside.
3. Turn on the computer, the moment you press the power button, immediately tap the F12 key and press it continuously.
4. Now you have the boot option. Select CD/DVD/ODD by pressing enter then continuously tap it until you see the Windows is loading a file.
5. Wait until it goes 100%.
6. Now it will ask you on what partition you will put the operating system. Just select the partition that has a large capacity or size.
7. Just wait until it completes the whole installation.
8. Restart the computer.
Hope it helps,
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Jan 29, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 03, 2015 | Lenovo ThinkPad T420 Notebook
Oct 03, 2014 | Lenovo ThinkPad T420 Notebook
Aug 29, 2014 | Lenovo ThinkPad T420 Notebook
May 30, 2014 | Apple MacBook Pro Mac Desktop
Nov 14, 2012 | Lenovo ThinkPad T420 Notebook
Nov 28, 2011 | Lenovo ThinkPad T420 Notebook
Jun 18, 2010 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Notebook
Sep 14, 2009 | Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Notebook
Mar 19, 2009 | Lenovo 3000V200 Laptop
164 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: