Question about Reliance & 40 Gal Electric Mobile Home Water Heater
How can i set the hot water temp on a reliance 640dors it don't stay hot long enough to take a shower
Remove the two covers one high and one low and set the temp higher. This time of year with colder water comming in the house the water heater has to work harder to raise the temp of the incomming water. In the summer the incommong water is much warmer. 40 gal is a small water heater and you will only get about 15 gal of hot water with the ice cold water entering the water heater as you use the hot water. You can get a bigger water heater. even better is to go tankless and a have never ending hot water and save money at the same time.
Posted on Jan 12, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
it might be hard water in the heater. the hard water flakes and when your water heater turns on it creates some movement in those hard water flakes and makes a popping and hissing noise then when it comes to temperature it should stop. the temperature and pressure relief valve shouldn't make this noise. but if you stick your finger in the pipe and it is wet then you might have problems some where else. let me know if it is
Posted on Jul 29, 2009
We will just assume that "a" is the lowest temperature
to correspond to 120 degrees, while "c" for 160 degrees.
So try setting it at "a" and feel the hot water that flow.
Or it could be the other way. Just feel the hot water that
flow. It will be done in a few minutes. I hope this will help
Posted on Nov 27, 2009
it is located on the thermostat. Take the cover off the side and you will see a little red button in the side of the themostat.
Posted on Jan 11, 2010
There is an address near the end of this link to request manuals of reliance water heaters not listed. http://www.reliancewaterheaters.com/lit/om.html
it is quite possible that your heater works on the same principle as one of the other models and just differs in capacity or power rating.
Posted on Apr 11, 2010
Electric water heater is fully repairable by homeowner.
Following information will tell you how.
1) Background on your heater:
Reliance is AO Smith company.
Age of water heater is shown in serial number. First character is letter. Second 2 characters are numbers, which are year of manufacture. For example 05 is year 2005.
The 501 manual is not shown on Reliance website:
2) Two things known for sure:
- electricity is OK
- upper element is working because there is some hot water.
3) Three things can cause problem you describe:
- Loose wire located from upper thermostat to lower element and thermostat.
- Upper or lower thermostat is bad
- Lower element is burned out
4) How to troubleshoot and repair
- Turn off power, open covers and look for loose and burned wiring, especially on lower element.
- When finished, put back insulation and covers so thermostat not exposed to cooler temperatures.
- Burned wire on lower element is evidence that lower element is burned out.
- If you do not want to follow testing steps below, next step is to replace both upper and lower thermostat for about 25$ and see if problem persists.
- If problem persists, replace lower element.
5) Test lower element, before replacing anything
6) Troubleshoot electric water heater
7) How to replace lower element and clean sediment out of tank:
Posted on Nov 18, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 28, 2015 | Reliance Water Heaters
Aug 12, 2012 | Water Heaters
Jul 11, 2012 | RELIANCE ELECTRIC WATER HEATER
Jul 30, 2011 | RELIANCE ELECTRIC WATER HEATER
May 10, 2011 | RELIANCE ELECTRIC WATER HEATER
Mar 01, 2011 | Reliance & 40 Gal Electric Mobile Home...
Sep 06, 2010 | Reliance & 40 Gal Electric Mobile Home...
Nov 26, 2009 | RELIANCE ELECTRIC WATER HEATER
390 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: