Question about Dell Computers & Internet
After hitting power button
- light turns amber and flashes
- monitor light is also amber
-have tried unplugging and restarting multiple times
Open your computer case and disconnect/remove any hard drives, cd-rom/dvd drives, take out any extra cards installed (except video card unless you have onboard then take out the video card too) and all but one stick of ram. Turn the computer on
- if it turns on, plug in each item back one at a time turning back on and off each time ( power trip will cause the pc to not turn on)
- if you smell anything weird from the PSU unit DO NOT try anything further, replace the unit.
- if you have overclocked your computer, use the jumper on the board and reset your bios
In the event you need to replace your PSU unit if Antec is an option, go with that. They are very stable.
Posted on Jan 21, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 11, 2010 | E-Machines Bestec ATX-300-12E Rev. D 300w...
Jul 23, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 01, 2009 | HP Computers & Internet
Dec 25, 2008 | Dell Dimension 8400 power supply ** FREE...
Oct 09, 2008 | Dell Dimension 4400 Power Supply ** FREE...
Jul 24, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jul 15, 2008 | Dell Dimension 8400 power supply ** FREE...
Jun 14, 2008 | Computers & Internet
May 05, 2008 | Computers & Internet
209 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!