1) Remove the back cover by pressing in on the rough
area at the top end of the machine and pulling off the
2) If a tape cassette is already installed, pull it straight out
and remove the paper tab from the new tape cassette.
Make sure that the end of the tape in the new cassette
feeds under the tape guides.
3) Insert the tape cassette, making sure that it clicks into place.
Check that the cassette fits properly around the two
metal guides in the cassette compartment.
4) Attach the back cover by inserting the two hooks on the
bottom end of the back cover into the slots on the bottom
end of the machine, then pushing down firmly on
the cover until it snaps into place.
5) Feed the tape by holding down and pressing ,
then cut the tape by pressing in on the tape cutter button.
The amount of tape remaining is visible through the
window in the back of the P-Touch.
When the usable tape is finished, green ribbon appears
Hope this helps