Question about GE GSL25JFPBS Side by Side Refrigerator
Refrigerator will dispence ice.
Your line is frozen. Frozen water dispenser line is a problem with this model. There are number of solutions.
1. Contact GE 800 386-1215, option 5 and ask for WR49X10173 heater kit. There is a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdNX3LteJTw to help you install it. Try to get GE to send you the fix free.
2. Get a hair dryer and heat the dispensing box until the water dispenser works. This is not a permanent solution, though, and it takes 15 to 30 minutes. Hang a long beach towel or blanket over the open freezer to save the cold air.
3. Place a long, clean fishing line or weed wacker line up the water dispenser line. When it freezes, pull carefully to dislodge the frozen water.
4. Buy another brand of refrigerator and let GE know they make inferior products.
Posted on Feb 18, 2013
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
There are few Steps that you could Verify and narrow down the problem :-
1. Compressor - Make sure that the Compressor should be working. When you ON the refrigerator, you could hear a clicking sound from the Compressor.Compressor could be Hot but not enough to lay eggs on it.
Note - In case, you find that the Compressor is Clicking and Shut Down the machine every now and then, more often that's an indication of Faulty Compressors. With most Brands, they do come up with 5 Years Warranty.
2. Make sure all the Fans are Working. I have seen many times, that the Fans are not working and the people are Inspecting other Components in the Refrigerator.They should also be running at Optimum Speed.
3. Do you see any Ice in the rear of the Freezer? More often - Frost. ( Not Crystal Clear ). If yes, take a Blower / Dryer and melt it. You would see a complete Difference.
4. Make sure that the Condensor Motor is working. If you could hear Condensor Fan is running, it always indicate that the Motor is Fine too.
5. How many times we never clean up the Evaporator Coils? We are using it for Years and we never clean it. So, if this is the Case, time to Take a Vacuum and clean the Evaporator Coils.
6. It could be a Defrost Problem. There are many Components but How could you make sure?
The Best Way - Disconnect the Power Supply and Unplug the Cord. Take everything out of the Refrigerator. Keep the Doors Open for 24 hours. After 24 hours, plug in the Cord and then Turn ON the refrigerator.If you see that there is Some improvement, more likely you have faulty Defrost System.
7. On other Occasions, i have Found Overload Relay to be one of the reasons. I solved many Problems where the Customer Actually Test and Find that the Overload Relay is at Fault.
Note - There could be Freon Leak or Gas Leak which i am not considering right now. You need to contact a Licensed Professional t check these.
Above mentioned are few steps that you follow to narrow down the problem. Unless call a repairman to fix the problem.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Oct 24, 2010
SOURCE: I have a side by
If your ice dispenser is leaking water into your ice bucket or onto your floor, several things could be the source of the problem.Please Check the following items:
Check the water valve for leaks.
See if water is leaking from the fill tube extension.
See if the defrost water drain is cracked or overflowing.
Check for water on the exterior of the refrigerator case
See if the refrigerator is leveled and standing straight(not bent)
Posted on Jan 02, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 23, 2012 | GE GSL25JFPBS Side by Side Refrigerator
Aug 14, 2012 | GE Refrigerators
Mar 18, 2011 | GE Profile 25.6 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side...
Feb 15, 2011 | GE GSL25JFPBS Side by Side Refrigerator
Oct 07, 2009 | GE GSL22JFPBS Side by Side Refrigerator
Jan 15, 2009 | GE GSL25JFPBS Side by Side Refrigerator
Nov 17, 2008 | Refrigerators
Aug 28, 2008 | GE GSS20IEP Side by Side Refrigerator
Mar 02, 2007 | GE GSH25JFR Side by Side Refrigerator
215 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: