Question about Blackberry Curve 8350i
1. Download and install the multilingual version of "BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.7" (use a search engine to find it) [Don't navigate using the AT&T page or you will only get the 4.6 option which will not include what you need]
2. Connect your device
3. Click on "Application Loader"
4. Under "Update Software" click on the "Start" menu
5. In the "Device software options" section, click on the "Options" button
6. Scroll to the "Language and Input Support" section
7. Check Hebrew (you may also want to include other options, such as BlackBerry Maps)
8. Click on the "Next" button then "Finish"
The AT&T firmware does not include the Hebrew language support. For those brave enough to follow the steps below, and who don't mind to spend the time downloading/installing all the necessary parts, here it is (its really for advanced users only):
1. Search for the Blackberry Bold 9000 download page from a European carrier (I've only tried Orange UK). E.g. search "Blackberry Orange UK downloads".
2. Select to download the BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.6.X.*** (Multilanguage); where *** is the latest version.
3. Install the software on your machine
4. Open C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files
5. Open the 9000-v184.108.40.206_P220.127.116.11 (or similarly named) directory
6. Open the Java directory
7. Copy all files ending with __he.cod as well as the net_rim_font_semitic.cod file,
8. Search for "Blackberry Software for Developers" to get to the RIM page.
9. Download the latest Blackberry Development Environment package
10. Install the development environment package
11. Create a new file in the directory where you copied the .cod files (e.g. c:\Hebrew9000) called InstallHebrew.bat.txt and add the following line (make sure its all is on the same line):
"C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.5.0\bin\JavaLoader.exe" -u load *.cod
12. Rename the file from InstallHebrew.bat.txt to InstallHebrew.bat
13. Connect your Blackberry and open the Desktop Manager
14. Double click to run it or open a command line shell.
15. You should see something like:
RIM Wireless Handheld Java Loader
Copyright 2001-2007 Research In Motion Limited
Connecting to device...
Loading net_rim_bb_elt_resource_he Done
Loading net_rim_bb_help_umts_wlan__he Done
Loading net_rim_bb_lbs_resource_he Done
Loading net_rim_bb_ldap_resource__he Done
Loading net_rim_bb_resource__he Done
Loading net_rim_bbapi_pim_res__he Done
Loading net_rim_bis_client__he Done
Loading net_rim_crypto_resource__he Done
Loading net_rim_font_semitic Done
Loading net_rim_platform_resource__he Done
Loading net_rim_runtime_resource__he Done
Loading net_rim_vad_resource__he Done
Loading net_rim_wlan_bb_resource__he Done
502958 bytes sent at ~670610 bps
- Your device will restart
- You can uninstall the device software and development environment from your computer since you only needed them to obtain the files.
Posted on Jun 04, 2013
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 28, 2015 | Nokia Mural 6750 Used Cell Phone for AT&T
May 05, 2011 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Aug 31, 2010 | Epson TM-H60000II Thermal Printer
May 07, 2009 | Apple Language Kit Hebrew 1.0 Full Version...
May 18, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa c240 MP3 Player
Oct 03, 2007 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
May 25, 2017 | Blackberry Curve 8350i
70 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: