Question about Kodak HERO 7.1 Wireless Color Printer with Scanner Copier
Need to replace black ink cartridge. access door will not open. have turned printer off and on.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Mine is also hard to close but I just applied downword pressure til it closed.. I did not find anything to release mine or anything in docs'. Wish I could help more than say just get rough with it lol.
Posted on Dec 12, 2008
I have a kodak esp 5200 and just replaced the color cartridge. All you have to do is go to your little panel and go to maintenance. Scroll down to change ink cartridges and it will tell you to open the cover and replace the cartridge. I didn't know how either and just tried a few things. Hope this helps.
Posted on Apr 17, 2010
SOURCE: I need to remove the
It is best to power up the printer before removing an ink cartridge. If that is not possible, then push the power button to release any stored electricity and then grab the cartridge and slide it towards you. The cartridge is in a holder that is connected to a bar that goes straight acrossed. It should slide when pulled? If it is locked down, then remove the screws that hold the top case and remove it to expose the cartride and remove it.
Posted on Sep 27, 2010
Contact Kodak. I think it's the batch of printers that were made around this time. I just contacted them (mine is the same age and I'm getting the same error), and they are sending me a new printer.
Posted on Mar 09, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 29, 2012 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 07, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 31, 2011 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 24, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 7110 All-In-One Thermal...
Sep 22, 2009 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 17, 2009 | HP DeskJet 932c InkJet Printer
May 24, 2009 | HP Photosmart C7280 Laser Printer
Jun 04, 2008 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One InkJet...
That flashing pattern is consistent with a stuck carriage. Here is a copy/paste from HP concerning the 5000 series and your flashing lights.
The print cartridge carriage is stuck.
1. Open the top access door on the printer.
2. Remove the ink cartridges.
3. Close the cartridge flaps after removing the ink cartridges.
4. Turn the printer off, then on again.
5. Replace the ink cartridges.
6. Close the top access door. Issue
The Resume light continues to blink after the cartridges are released.
The carriage is stuck or makes a grinding noise.
1. Lift the top cover to the printer.
2. Turn the printer off and then on again.
3. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer when the grinding noise starts. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
4. Move the carriage towards the middle of the printer (this procedure may take a couple of tries to get the timing correct).
5. Take out the cartridges and close the top cover.
6. Reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer. Plug the power cord to the wall outlet.
7. Open the top cover, reinstall the cartridges, and then close the top cover.
Oct 23, 2007 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
326 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: