Hello, i have the above make and model printer and when ever i turn it
on it says 'error code c00e0402 turn power off and on' i have repeated
this proceedure countless times for it keep saying the same thing. i
have tried pushing all feature buttons to gain access to menues on the
printer but this error message has the printer in a freeze mode. There
is one green light and one amber light that repeatedly flashes. Please
give me some direction.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
2nd, 3rd and 4th Digits and 7th and 8th Digits (5th and 6th are always zero)
2nd, 3rd and 4th digits
00e = Hardware (with any 7th and 8th digit)
Make sure that the front panel bezel is securely installed and that all access doors are closed.
Verify that all packing material was removed from the product or that no paper jams exist.
If the HP product has been in the cold, unplug the power cord and allow it about an hour to reach room temperature. Plug the power cord back in. The issue can also occur if the white reference strip for the scanner assembly is missing or extremely dirty. Clean or replace as necessary.
Performing a Fault Reset 14 will reset your copier and will help to clear error codes.
1. Turn the power off.
2. Locate the Clear Button, which is grey in color, in the upper right corner above the green Start Button.
3. Locate the Auto Button the lower left corner of the Control Panel.
4. Turn the power back on.
5. Press the buttons in the following sequence, releasing each button after each time you press it: [Clear], [Auto], [Clear], [Auto]. Every light on the Control Panel should go out, and the error code should clear.
6. If the error code has not cleared, wait a few seconds then repeat Steps 1 through 5.
7. Program the copier as if you were going to make 14 copies.
8. Press the green [Start] button to store the reset code. The copier will return to the ready position.
9. Run a test copy.
1. Verify that all packing material is removed from the product and no paper jams exist.
2. Make sure that the front panel insert is securely in place and that all doors or panels of the product are closed.
3. Disconnect the power cord from the HP product, wait 5 seconds, and then reconnect the power cord.
4. If the HP product has been in the cold, unplug the power cord and allow it about an hour to reach room temperature before reconnecting the power cord.
5. The problem can also occur if the white reference strip for the scanner assembly is missing or dirty. For information on cleaning the scanner strip, go to HP document General Cleaning of an HP All-in-One or Fax Product (bpu01831).
If the message reoccurs, contact HP technical support for assistance.