When I attempt to write a CD-Audio disk through Roxio Creator 6, the disc ejects and this error message appears:
"E80041845: Command Error - Invalid field in parameter list - [05/26/00]"
I've tried toggling all settings in the program, and cannot find much help via Roxio's site. I am having difficulty finding the original disk, but if needed could dig it up...somewhere... Thank you for reading my problem!
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Error when attempting to write disk
Sometimes the driver that is used to burn CD's gets corrupted, you should try removing and re-installing roxio. The only other possibility is a bad CD burner drive, but these are dirt cheap to replace these days, you should easily be able to find one under 40$.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Generally, defragmenting your hard disk will resolve this issue. To defragment your computer:
Go to Start--> Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> Disk Defragmenter.
When the Disk Defragmenter window opens, choose Defragment.
If defragmentation doesn't resolve the issue, burn your project as a data file, and then burn your project as a data disc using Disc Copier or Creator Classic. To create a disc image/data file:
After clicking the Burn button, the Burn Project window opens.
You have two data burning options:
Image file - this option will save your project as an .ISO file. To burn this file you will need to use the Burn Image option in Creator's Copy section.
Folder Set - burning a folder set will create a Video_TS folder that you can burn using Creator Classic. Burning a folder set to DVD will create a fully functional DVD. Do NOT rename the Video_TS folder other wise it will not play! Simply place it in a folder that is the name of your project if you need to keep track.
The problem with creator 2009 has been fixed by the roxio people.
Instead of burning directly to the DVD disk as roxio software states,
one needs to first save this to be AVCHD movie as a file and then burn directly from the file. This works OK, but as stated this is different
from what the software claims. I'm happy. Thanks
Don't bother using Roxio for this - use Windows Media Player 11.
1. Open Windows Media Player
2. Run the mouse over the "Rip" tab - a small aroow should appear underneath the word "Rip" - click on the arrow and a drop-down should appear.
3. Select - "Format" - change to "mp3"
4. Now insert your CD and press the Rip button - by default, Windows Media Player will store the mp3 files in the My Documents --> My Music folder
The manual states
1. " An (ERR_) message will appear, then change to a flashing (DISC), then the CD will be ejected."
You will have 5 uninterrupted attempts to insert the correct CD.
2. After the 5th incorrect attempt, the display reads (HELP)
3. If (HELP) appears on the display, press button (6), then the (FUNC) button, and hold them for 5 seconds.
4. Press the (FUNC) button. You will have 5 more attempts to insert the correct disc.
IF AFTER 10 TRIES, AND IF THE CORRECT KEY CD HAS NOT BEEN INSERTED, THE DISPLAY READS (CALL 800); THE UNIT MUST THEN BE RETURNED TO ECLIPSE TO BE RESET. CONTACT ECLIPSE DEALER OR CALL (800) 233-2216.
1. Try to launch Creator Classic to see if it can repair the engine files. a. Double click on the "Roxio Easy Media Creator Home" icon. b. Click "Creator Classic" under the "Applications" section. c. The Windows installer should launch and ask you to insert your installation disc
Try this and see how it works, if it does not, contact me and give me more details