Question about Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Go to Start> Run> type "msconfig" then go to the startup tab, you should be able to uncheck everything except what you would like to leave in startup. This should help speed up your PC and boot up time quite a bit.
If you still have too many processes running in the background you should run a scan with AVG (free.grisoft.com) to check for any possible infections.
Posted on Jan 20, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Insert new key into ignition cylinder and turn it to the ON (RUN) position. The security light on the dash will flash for fifteen minutes.
2. When the security light stops flashing, you have FIVE minutes to start the next step. Turn the ignition cylinder OFF and then back to the ON (RUN) position. The security light on the dash will flash for fifteen more minutes.
3. When the security light stops flashing, you have FIVE minutes to start the next step. Turn the ignition cylinder to OFF and then back ON (RUN) position. The dash will flash for fifteen more minutes.
4. After the security light stops flashing the third time, the new key has been programmed into the vehicles computer and will operate the car. It has replaced ALL the previous electronic key codes and is the ONLY key programmed into the vehicles computer.
If you want to add a key....
1. Insert an existing key into the ignition cylinder.
2. Turn the ignition cylinder to ON (RUN) and back to OFF.
3. Remove the existing key and, within 15 seconds, insert the new key and turn it to ON (RUN).
4. The security light will light up for two seconds to indicate success in programming the key into the vehicle.
5. Don't attempt to start the vehicle with any key for at least 1 minute.
<HR>On-Board Programming Method "C"
for Ford keys (Later 1998-newer Ford, Lincoln, Mercury)
If you want to initiate a new master key....
1. This requires that the vehicle be connected to special dealer equipment. There are two ten minute delays involved while this device erases all existing key programming and sets up the vehicle computer to accept new key codes. Two new keys should be ready because the system requires a minimum of two keys in the program. After the first two keys are programmed, additional keys can be entered individually by following the instructions for adding duplicate keys (below).
If you want to add a key....
**You must have two original keys to perform this procedure. If you only have one key, you WILL have to take it to the dealer to get it programmed**
1. Insert and existing (working) key into the ignition cylinder.
2. Turn the ignition cylinder ON (RUN) and back to OFF. Ignition should stay on for at least ONE SECOND.
3. Remove the existing key and, within TEN seconds, insert a second working key and turn it to ON (RUN) and the back OFF. Ignition must be in ON for at least ONE second, but no more than TEN seconds. Remove the key.
4. Insert the new key before TWENTY seconds have elapsed and turn it to ON (RUN). Leave it the ON position for at least ONE secondand turn back to OFF.
5. The security light will light up for THREE seconds to indicate that the new key has been successfully programmed.
6. To program additional keys, repeat steps 1 through 5
As a precautionary measure for all of the above procedures, you should wait at least one minute after you have performed this until you start your vehicle.
Dec 10, 2016 | 1998 Ford Explorer
Jun 06, 2016 | Orbit Hardware & Accessories
Feb 25, 2015 | Russell Hobbs 18036 Breadmaker Fresh Bread...
Jan 03, 2014 | Weathermatic ProLine PL1600 Outdoor/Indoor...
Aug 07, 2012 | Acer Computers & Internet
Dec 07, 2010 | Jandy Pool & Spa
Apr 20, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jul 01, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jan 29, 2008 | Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 5.1...
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: