Programming time warner remote to boston tvee volume
I had just about given up on programming my Time Warner universal remote with my Boston Soundbar until a mental lightbulb came on. This is a two step process.
Step 1: Program your Time Warner remote (I have CLIKR-5, instructions available for other models at timewarner.com)
Using Pre-Programmed 3-digit Code method
-Turn on soundbar
- Press device button (I chose AUX) and OK/Select simultaneously until device button stays lit.
- Point remote control toward the soundbar and enter code (447 for Boston Acoustics)
- Press the device button again to store the code.
The TW instructions say you should now be able to turn the device off to verify that it works, but this is not true for the soundbar. Hang in there with me.
Step 2: Program your remote from the Boston Soundbar.
- Press the power button and the volume up button simultaneously until the indicator light flashes orange.
Here's where the instructions provided with the soundbar fail to explain how to do this. Each button is individually programmed into the TW remote. What you have done so far is enable the remote to accept the programming.
- Volume Up: press the volume up button on the soundbar while it is flashing, the light should become steadily orange.
- While holding the remote steady about a foot away from the soundbar, slowly press the volume up button on the TW remote four times. The orange light should flicker each time you do, turning green when completed.
- Volume Down, Mute, Power: repeat the steps for Volume Up, except press the button on the soundbar you wish program to the TW remote while the soundbar is flashing orange. It should become steady before you press the corresponding button on the TW remote.
Good luck, I hope this helps. -Deidre.
Dec 05, 2012 |
Boston Acoustics TVee Model 25 Sound Bar...