Question about Televison & Video
Without its remote control, you can't unlock it. Buy a new one from the authorized service center for RCA at your town.
Posted on Jan 09, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If the front panel lock is on, you will need a working original remote (or a universal remote properly programmed for RCA) to turn the set on. The IR receiver is next to the buttons on the fromt but the RCA IR receivers are very reliable, and I have yet to see a bad one in a modern RCA TV. Once you turn the set on by remote, you can enter the menu and turn the FPA off.
Posted on Oct 06, 2007
Sounds like your Startup Relay is intermittent. Contacts are closing (tv on) then dropping out (tv off). Worn or burned contacts do not make a good connection when they close and start to burn and overheat causing the contacts to open. When they cool down they may make contact again for a very short period. You need to replace the Start up relay. I hope this helps and thank you for using FixYa!
Posted on Mar 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 04, 2012 | RCA Televison & Video
Apr 02, 2012 | RCA Televison & Video
1. Hold down MENU on the remote and VOLUME DOWN on the TV it's self at the same time for at least 4 seconds. The set won't say so, but the lock will be unlocked
2. Hold down the 0 on the remote and the VOLUME DOWN buttons on the TV its self at the same time for at least 4 seconds. The set won't say so, but the lock will be unlocked
3. Hold down the MENU button on the front of the TV and the TV button on the remote at the same time for at least 4 seconds.
4. Hold down GO BACK on the remote and MENU on the front of the TV at the same time for at least 4 seconds.
5. Hold down EJECT on the front of the TV and the MENU button on the remote at the same time for at least 4 seconds.
May 22, 2011 | Televison & Video
Jan 05, 2011 | RCA Televison & Video
Nov 04, 2007 | Televison & Video
Oct 24, 2007 | Televison & Video
Oct 02, 2007 | RCA 27F530T 27" TV
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!