Question about Biostar M7NCD ULTRA Motherboard
Hi! I have a Biostar M7NCD Ultra mobo, Athlon 1800+ cpu, 1.2g memory, and 80g Seagate SATA drive. I tried to install Windows on the SATA drive but i got a message saying that Window could not detect any drives. The BIOS displayed the drive during POST. It is not a new drive. It has been reformatted and partitioned using Partition Magic. I was using a 40g Maxtor IDE drive earlier and Windows could read the SATA drives 1 and 2. Also, after the failed Windows installation on the SATA drive, I tried to revert to my old 40g Maxtor IDE but the PC hangs up. I tried re-installing the OS on the IDE and the installation would be uninterrupted. However, when it got to the part wherein Windows is finalizing the set-up, it would hang. Same thing happens when I try to repair the installation. I tried installing on a 40g Excelstor IDE but the same thing happens. The PC hangs-up. I had to re-install the OS because the display was flickering on and off and then freezing. Can anyone out there help me?
You would need to make a floppy disk with the sata drivers on them for windows to use during the installation so it can recognise the drive... assuming you don't have memory problems that is...
Posted on Jul 03, 2007
Try other memory or if you have 2 dimms take one out and try same to both dimms
Posted on Jul 03, 2007
Could be that your hard drives are bad and/or Windows CD.
Posted on Jul 02, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 24, 2014 | Biostar Computers & Internet
Feb 04, 2014 | Biostar M7NCD ULTRA Motherboard
• HyperTransport 1.0 supporting speed up to 1000MT/s
• NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
• Supports Dual Channel DDR2 667/800
- 2 DDR2 DIMMs (240pin / 1.8V)
- Supports a maximum memory size up to 8GB.
• One PCI Express 1.0 x16 slot.
• One PCI Express 1.0 x1 slot.
• Two PCI slots (support 3.3v/5v PCI bus interface).
• One IDE port by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
- Supports Ultra DMA 66/100/133 mode
- Supports PIO, Bus Master operation mode
- Can connect up to two IDE devices
• Two SATA II ports by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
- Supports storage and data transfers at up to 3Gb/s
- SATA II 1~2 supports RAID 0, 1 mode by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
May 12, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Dec 03, 2010 | Biostar P4M800-M7A Motherboard
Sep 01, 2009 | Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 500 GB ATA-100...
Apr 26, 2009 | Biostar M7NCD Pro Motherboard
Nov 17, 2008 | Biostar M7NCD ULTRA Motherboard
Jan 15, 2008 | Biostar M7NCD ULTRA Motherboard
Nov 05, 2007 | Biostar M7NCD ULTRA Motherboard
Jun 30, 2007 | Biostar M7NCD ULTRA Motherboard
242 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!