You may be a victim of software counterfeiting
a. Validation verifies thatthe software has been activated and is properly licensed. It also verifies thatno unauthorized changes have been made to the validation, licensing, oractivation functions of the software. Validation may also check for certainmalicious or unauthorized software related to such unauthorized changes. Avalidation check confirming that you are properly licensed permits you tocontinue to use the software, certain features of the software or to obtainadditional benefits. You are not permitted to circumvent validation. Thisis to prevent unlicensed use of the software. For more information, seego.microsoft.com/fwlink/?Linkid=104610.
b. The software will fromtime to time perform a validation check of the software. The check may beinitiated by the software or Microsoft. To enable the activation function andvalidation checks, the software may from time to time require updates oradditional downloads of the validation, licensing or activation functions ofthe software. The updates or downloads are required for the proper functioningof the software and may be downloaded and installed without further notice toyou. During or after a validation check, the software may send informationabout the software, the computer and the results of the validation check toMicrosoft. This information includes, for example, the version and product keyof the software, any unauthorized changes made to the validation, licensing oractivation functions of the software, any related malicious or unauthorizedsoftware found and the Internet protocol address of the computer. Microsoftdoes not use the information to identify or contact you. By using the software,you consent to the transmission of this information. For more information aboutvalidation and what is sent during or after a validation check, seego.microsoft.com/fwlink/?Linkid=104611.
c. If, after a validationcheck, the software is found to be counterfeit, improperly licensed, or anon-genuine Windows product, or if it includes unauthorized changes, then thefunctionality and experience of using the software will be affected. Forexample:
· repairthe software, and remove, quarantine or disable any unauthorized changes thatmay interfere with the proper use of the software, including circumvention ofthe activation or validation functions of the software; or
· checkand remove malicious or unauthorized software known to be related to suchunauthorized changes; or
· providenotice that the software is improperly licensed or a non-genuine Windowsproduct;
and you may
· receivereminders to obtain a properly licensed copy of the software; or
· needto follow Microsoft's instructions to be licensed to use the software andreactivate;
and you may not be able to
· useor continue to use the software or some of the features of the software; or
· obtaincertain updates or upgrades from Microsoft.
d. You may only obtainupdates or upgrades for the software from Microsoft or authorized sources. Formore information on obtaining updates from authorized sources seego.microsoft.com/fwlink/?Linkid=104612.
Dec 02, 2010 |
Computers & Internet