140XiIII left side print right side completely blank
I have been using 4"x6" lable for printing in 140 XiIII , right now it is printing only left side approximately 3" inch printing and remaining one inch from right hand side no printing i checked and replace head and ribbon but problem still same so kindly help me regarding this mater.
M Gohar Sharif
Re: 140XiIII left side print right side completely...
Verify your LCD Display Print Width setting is set wider than your actual label width. The printer will only print to the width of the PRINT WIDTH setting. Also verify any driver or software settings as these override your printer settings.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To properly lay the 4 X 6 in paper in the tray, please follow the steps below:
Pull tray completely out of the printer.
Move the paper guides to the sides of tray.
Use the photo paper outline on the bottom of the tray to help you position your paper.
Load your paper.
Adjust the paper guides to rest gently against the left, right, and bottom edges of the photo paper.
Insert the tray.
Make sure the correct print setting is configured before printing your file. With your file open, click File > Print > Properties > From the Paper Size list of the Print Setup tab, select 4 X 6 in. Click OK to save the setting. Click OK again to print your file.
One of two
1. If the printing stops with clear stopping edge, then the PRINT WIDTH
setting has been changed from the default full width setting of 104mm.
Check this by pressing MENU and then the NEXT button until you see a setting for MAX WIDTH. It should be set to full width of 104mm. Anything less will stop printing beyond whatever the setting is. Change it back to the full width setting.
2. If the printing stops by fading away to the right side, then that is
caused by a pressure imbalance across the printhead. There is more
pressure on the left side than the right side. There are two toggles
that press down on the printhead and the pressure can be adjusted by moving the right toggle to the right so that more pressure falls on that side of the printhead.
Print speeds on the Zebra xiII series printers are set via software. There is no printer menu speed setting on the xiII series. Zebra didn't allow speed adjusts thru the front panel menu until they made the xiIII series printers... The ZPL code command for print speed is "^PR"
I resolved the problem by going into the setup program and then exiting and at that point I was prompted to save my changes and one of the options was to load Default settings. Once I chose this I was able to print on the 4X6 labels correctly, before that the configuration was feeding a label and 1/2 and print across two labels.
As far as the size it sounds like it might not be using the right resolution these come in either 200 or 300 DPI. Make usre your DPI is set to the same as the printer. If the printer is 300 and the design shows 200 then it will print rather small on the label. Not sure about the other issue.
Note: If printing in Direct Thermal Mode, default the printer first (4 flashes).
1. Load the labels and ribbon (if used) and close the printer 2. Turn on the printer power. 3. Allow the printer to feed or error out. 4. Press and hold the feed button until the green status LED flashes once, then twice. Release the feed button. 6. The printer will set the media sensor for the label backing being used and then automatically feed until a label is positioned at the printhead. 7. A profile of the media sensor settings (similar to the example in Figure 1) will print. Upon completion, the printer will save the new settings in memory and the printer is ready for normal operation. 8. Press the feed button. One entire blank label will feed. If this does not happen, try defaulting (Hold the FEED button until it flashes 4 times)