Re: Error message on 4050n printer "manually feed hp...
What error message is on the display?
To solve one common problem, try this: Take out the paper tray. Slide the blue fence at the back away from the paper (toward the back of the tray) then slide it back to the correct position for the size of the paper. Replace the paper tray and see if the error message still appears.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Obviosly your magazine (Place of taking paper) of the printer is set to legal. The lights is lighting, couse the printer is telling you: You want me to print on letter, but I don have any letter, so please confirm that you want me to print on legal. In order to avoid this set the printer to all types of paper available.
This is the 'Attention' light. It indicates that the cartridge door is open, or that other errors exist.
Not great info, but you need to methodically eliminate the possible causes of the error....
1. Try putting some paper into the Manual feed tray / slot. It may be waiting for you to feed paper manually. Check your printer driver settings....
2. Press the 'Go' button. It will make it print from Tray2
3. Check your Printer driver settings, and 'Page set up' in the application
4. Switch the device off, and unplug the data cable.
5.Switch it back on.
6. Print a configuration page from the printer control panel by pressing the Go button (the green one) until the green Ready and Error light start blinking.
7. If it prints these pages successfully, then the problem may be elsewhere (PC software, application, corrupt data, etc) but check the settings on the Configuration page as well. Make sure they match your system, paper size and type, feeding options etc....
I think what is happening is when you get the error, the printer automaticaly reprints the page it was on when it got an error condition that makes it think it didn't print the page correctly. The clearing paper path message comes up after it thinks it had a jam. Displaying load plain paper could be because either the printer is not configed for the correct type of paper you have in the tray you are trying to prin form(push the green check button, arrow downt to paper handling and see what your trays are set for.) Also there is a blue switch on the tay(looking for front of tray it will be on the right hand side of tray rail) the switch says standard or custom. The switch should be in the standard position.
Are you getting any errors or jams, if so, tell me what they are.
Thsi printer is asking you to load tray 1. You need to check the paper source. Print a configuration page and see what your trays are set for,and also check your print properties for the correct tray configuration (what tray u want to print from)
the manual tray is the is the one above the tray,
1-either your tray is set incorrectly must be set to Letter/Plain
priority is tray 2 not tray 1
tray one is the by-pass / manual
since this printer does not have a screen on it everything is setup through the PC.
print a configuration page and you will see all the settings
Does it try to print or does it just sit there? Are there any error messages on the pc or the printer control panel? Just to be sure, look at the cable from the pc to the printer and make sure it's plugged all the way in.