Question about Amana Front Load Washing Machine Washer Soap Dispenser Nfw7200tw
Looks like a black (plastic?) latch will not open in lock housing. Door will not fully close (so washer will not operate). I have manually pressed the door sensor so that the washer will start with the door open. When doing so lock will "click" and then when I stop the cycle it will "click" open. Both sounds normal, but there is no visible movement and door will still not latch.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
To get the front off. (All screws look to be #2 Phillips Screws)
1. You have to unscrew (2) phillips screws from the back that holds the top on.
2. Slide the top off. (slide towards the back)
3. Then where the control panel is there is about 4-6 screws holding that plastic piece on, take those out this will allow you to pull the control panel up and out of the way.
4. At this point you can unscrew the 4-6 screws in the door area that holds the front of the washer on, once you unscrew those screws there is a tab that you have to lift the front over to pull the front off. This will allow you access to the locking mechanism.
5. There are only 2 screws holding te locking mechanism on.
Posted on Nov 18, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 15, 2013 | Amana NFW7200TW 3.5 Cu. Ft. Front Load...
May 08, 2011 | GE Washing Machines
Jan 23, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jul 07, 2009 | Washing Machines
Mar 14, 2009 | Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. HE4t Front Load Washer
Nov 17, 2008 | Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: