I have a 5 0 linspire and this morning it required 4 reboots to get the pc started and the pc is running super slow i am noexpert on linux OS i mean i do not know any of the lingo does my pc have a built in virus software that detects and cleans the pc , i cannot afford to buy any sofware i have noticed also that when i type or use the keyboard the response is super slow.. this pc is pver 4 years old got it from walmart and did not add any hardware or buy software for it as i said i am still lost with the wording , its complicated but any heklp trying to bring back my pc to normal running speed would be great thank you
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can speed up your Windows XP PC by following steps:
1. Delete unwanted files and programs in your PC
2. Install Antivirus (AVG free version) and update and scan
3. Install super anti spyware app (Super antispyware free version) update it and make quick scan.
4. Make hard disk defragment.
5. First of all system requirements for windows xp (CPU: Intel P4, RAM DDR2:1GB, HDD: 80 GB)
You will want to run this free program as soon as you download it. It will remove any viruses on your computer. This is a great tool to use about once a month to make sure your computer is clean. Do a full scan and wait for it to complete. If you have completed the steps above and still have the problem, you will need more RAM. RAM is temporary memory that your computer uses when it is on. If you have very low RAM, then you will have a very slow computer.
Registry is accessed by almostall the installed programs and your operating system itself. Why is computerslow and freezing has to do with the fragmented registry data. You have todownload a PC Optimizer software that includes Registry Defragmenter tool suchas Reginout to perform system maintenance tasks.
Too Many Programs areInstalled
Installing too many programs makeyour computer slow and freezing. You have to uninstall the unwanted programs.
1. Click Start ' Control Panel. 2. Click Programs ' Uninstall a Program. 3. Select a program to remove. 4. Click Uninstall button. 5. Follow the wizard. 6. Reboot the computer after completion.
Sometimes computer runs slow andstarts freezing due to an insufficient RAM. You have to install additional RAMsif required.
Lack of Proper Configurations
You will feel that your computeris slow and freezing if you haven't set Windows for best performance.
1. Right click My Computer. 2. Select Properties. 3. Click Advanced System Settings. 4. Click Advanced tab. 5. Click Settings button under Performance frame. 6. Select the option Adjust for best performance. 7. Click Apply ' OK ' OK.
Junk Registry Keys
Storing junk entries in theregistry makes your computer slow and freezing. You have to delete such junkentries using a Registry Cleaner and PC Optimizer software.
Slow Booting is mainly due to startup items. I would recommend you to disable unnecessary startup items which will surely improves your computer booting speed.
You can do that by following below mentioned steps
Step1: Click on start and then click on Run.
Step 2: Type MS Config and hit ENTER.
Step 3: Click on Startup tab.
Step 4: Click on Disable all then click on apply and then Click on OK.
Step 5: Your system will be prompted for a reboot. Go ahead and restart it.
Step 6: As soon as the system is backup you would get syste configuration utility screen where in you should Check "Don't show this message again".
Step 7: You are all set. Try rebooting again and the booting speed will be lot better.
Note: If you want you keep one or two start up items enable which can be done manually. However disabling start up items will not hamper your system in any way its just that those will not load during boot up. It will still work with out any problem.
If the complete system in slow then disabling start up items does not solve the problem.
1. Kill unnecessary programs, you can do it from task manager.
2. some program starts at startup of PC, they make PC slow, go to start>run, type msconfig and say ok, go to startup tab and the disable the programs which you do not want to start up during PC start up.
3. downloan CCCleaner and run it.
4. Keep C drive clean as possible, move as much items to other drive, less space on c drive can slow down you PC.
5. Many files placed on desktop can make it slow.
6. If you have low memory on your PC then you have to increase it.
7. Virus or Spyware can make pc slow do thorough scanning of your PC.
8. I suggest you to uninstall any programs which are not necessary.
all the best.
i ran driver detective to update my gateway notebook drivers to have sound,but no luck doing that.It say that i should i should put in the registry key for driver detective.Where is the registry key located or how do i obtain it?