Question about Audio Players & Recorders
Is there some way that I can reset the device?
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Creative Logo frozen on Screen
Mine did the same thing, and this helped. I took out the battery, and then slid the power switch toward the power icon and held it there while putting the battery back in. This turned on the Recovery Mode. I selected "cleanup," and after that was done, I selected reboot. Once that was finished, the Zen started rebuilding the library. After that, the Zen turned to the menu screen and I was able to listen to music like normal. Hope that helps!
Posted on Aug 03, 2008
try this if your Zen will not turn on
hold the pause/play button down
while holding the pause/play, first use a paperclip to press the reset button and then slide the power thing down for a few seconds like you are turning it on.
release the pause/play button.
you may need to connect it to usb for it to turn on. worked like a charm for me when everything else failed. hope it helps!!!
Posted on Aug 08, 2008
Since the Reader was dropped, there might be some internal physical damage occurred. And it requires service., Contact urmanufacturer to get it serviced. If you located in U.S., the Reader is covered under a exchange program and yoiu will get a similar or same model. You can get more information about the exchange program at: http://eservice.sony.com
Posted on Jan 15, 2010
The Reader may not turn on, or it may appear to be frozen if the unit needs to be reset, the battery is completely discharged or moisture condensation has occurred.
Please perform the below mentioned steps and check whether it helps.
Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the Reader status after completing each step.
1. Connect the Reader to a USB connection or optional AC adapter. Allow approximately 5 min for it to turn on. If it does not turn on automatically, try to turn it on again. If it still does not turn on, continue with the rest of this procedure.
2. Perform a soft reset. Just press the RESET button using a sharp-pointed object
3. After the RESET button has been pressed, slide the POWER switch to activate the Reader again. If the Indicator light next to the power button on the Reader is yellow , the unit is attempting to start up. If this is the case, allow it a few moments to complete startup.
4. If startup did not complete, connect the Reader to the computer or optional AC adapter and perform a soft reset again.
5. Disconnect the Reader from the computer (if applicable) and then slide the POWER switch to activate the Reader. Check if the Indicator light next to the power switch on the Reader is yellow (indicating it is turning on) and if the unit is responding.
6. If the unit is not responding but Starting up... is displayed on the screen, attempt a hard reset.
7. If the unit is still frozen, connect it again to the computer or optional AC adapter and while connected, check if the Indicator light next to the power switch on the reader is red . If this light is red , allow the Reader to charge for one hour so there is sufficient charge for troubleshooting.
* If your computer goes into hibernation or sleep mode, charging will stop and the red charge indicator on the Reader will turn off.
* It is recommended to charge the Reader while you are using the computer or to adjust your sleep/hibernation settings of your computer to avoid any interruption in the charging process. You also can use the optional AC Adapter model ACS-5220E.
8. Once the Reader has sufficient charge, perform these troubleshooting steps again.
9. Under certain circumstances, moisture condensation can occur. Moisture condensation can be caused by moving the Reader between temperature extremes or if the Reader has come in direct contact with moisture. If you suspect moisture as the cause, allow the Reader to sit for a few hours before attempting to turn it back on.
General notes regarding the battery status:
* You can verify the charge status by disconnecting the Reader from the computer and checking the battery indicator. The battery indicator will display 4 black bars when it is fully charged.
* It will take approximately 4 hours to achieve a full charge with a computer. It will take approximately 2 hours to achieve a full charge with the optional AC Adapter.
If the issue still persists, service of the Reader is required. Please follow the below link to get it repaired:
Posted on Jan 21, 2010
since you've tried charging the reader using a non-compatible charger, there might be some internal malfunction occurred in the reader. however, i suggest that you try charging it by connecting it toi the computer. as the yellow ligjht is is blinking, it seems that there is no chrage in the reader. so try charging it by connecting it toi the computer.keep it connected for at least 4 hours. it should resolve the issue.
Posted on Jan 28, 2010
Testimonial: "did as instructed and the reader is working - thanks for the help!!"
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 11, 2017 | Cameras
on Jan 12, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 19, 2013 | Apple iPod touch 1st Generation (8 GB) MP3...
Jan 06, 2012 | Kobo eBooks by Kobo
Jan 20, 2010 | Sony E-reader Portable E-book MP3 Player
Nov 18, 2009 | Apple iPod touch
Aug 06, 2009 | Apple Ipod Nano Second Gen. Green (4 GB)...
216 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!