Question about Hotpoint Dryers
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
turn the macine aroun you wiil see3screws on the top holding the lid on remove these and take the top off there are 3or4screwes on the top in front of machine remove these lay the macine back at45degres and on the bottom of machine you will find 4more screws remove these and the front will come off place new belt over the drum and with a small crow bar linked through the belt and under the drive apply a lot of down presure to get it on to drive this is realy hard and you mey think the belt is to small it is not make sure u align drum in to front door or machine this is very simple then re assemble and away you go approx time45to hours work
Posted on Dec 06, 2007
SOURCE: Replacing the Drive Belt
I am not an expert but I do have a Hotpoint 9334 Tumble Dryer which I guess is similar to the 9314.
To replace belt or heater element you must remove the front panel complete with door.
Screws are different sizes in different places so note where they belong as you remove them.
1. Remove 2 screws at rear top which go through the brackets holding the top panel, slide back the top panel a little and lift it off.
2. Pull off the rotary timer knob and remove 2 screws beneath.
3. This is the tricky bit! Remove the the plastic panel which covers the switches etc.. This panel has 5 plastic fingers which secure it to the metal plate behind, locate the ends of the fingers where they pass through the metal plate. Using a metal rod or punch and a hammer, tap the ends of the fingers to push them back through the holes easing each in turn a little at a time to avoid distorting the plastic unduly. (This is a bit scary as you have to hit them quite hard and the fingers look fragile)
4. Open the door and remove the 4 screws then remove 3 screws at the top and 3 screws at the bottom of the front panel. Lift and ease forward the front panel, unhook the door catch release wire, pull off the electrical connectors and put the front panel aside.
5. Lay the machine on its back and remove 1 screw holding the element housing to the top plate and pull off the electrical connectors.
6. Fit the belt around the drum, through the idler pulleys and over the motor spindle.
7. Put it all back together.
Posted on Feb 03, 2008
SOURCE: Hotpoint Dryer belt broken
http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/model-display.php From what I see, you have to remove the front, and maybe the drum to get at the belt. See what instructions come with a new belt.
Posted on May 12, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 31, 2016 | Dryers
Jan 01, 2016 | Hotpoint Dryers
Aug 06, 2013 | Dryers
Jan 17, 2013 | Hotpoint Belt Drum Drive for VTD00, VTD20,...
Nov 04, 2012 | Hotpoint TVF770 Tumble Dryer
May 10, 2012 | Dryers
May 08, 2011 | Hotpoint Dryers
Mar 23, 2010 | Hotpoint Dryers
Nov 27, 2009 | Hotpoint TDC32 Electric Dryer
Sep 07, 2009 | Dryers
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: