Question about Brother MFC-3420C Printer
I get either a ''Paper jam'' or ''Check paper'' on the screen. You can hear it trying to run the paper but nothing happens. It did print two sheets for me after messing around with the lid and resetting the paper for a while. I just installed this on my new computer. Have not used it in more than a year.
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button.
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Jan 20, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 17, 2011 | Minolta EP4000/5000 CS/PRO Copier
Jun 09, 2010 | Sharp AL 1631 Copier
Feb 19, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 25, 2009 | HP COLOUR LASERJET CM4730 F MFP Printer
Feb 04, 2009 | Canon LaserBase MF3220 All-In-One Printer
Aug 21, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
Feb 10, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo RX600 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 28, 2007 | HP PSC 1315 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 16, 2007 | Lexmark JetPrinter X1185 All-In-One InkJet
167 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: