Question about Gateway Belkin 54g Wireless DSL/Cable Router (DHF5D72304)
Hi. I am tryin got set up the security on this router for a PC using Wireless connection. Is there a Vista manul available? How do I set the router's security password?
Hi, here's a quick guide for you:
1. Connect to the router via Ethernet cable
2. Login to the router via a web browser, by typing 192.168.2.1 in the address bar
3. Click to login, leaving password blank (unless you have set a password)
4. Go to Wireless > Security. Select Security Mode WPA-PSK.
Enter your network key (password) under ‘Pre-shared key’ – make a note of it – click ‘Apply Changes’. That’s it, your wireless is encrypted.
For better security/more details:
1. Pick up a manual from Belkin UK
2. When you’re in your user interface, change the SSID and router password for a better level of security (see this tip for more details).
Hope this helps, but please come back to Fixya if anything doesn't work, or if you need more info. Good luck
Posted on Jan 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
These are the general steps to all wireless connectivity.
Click the link below for proper cable connections in setting up your wireless network.
This link also provides somewhat a checklist on what you need for wireless connectivity.
Then, configure your wireless connection. The following links provides the step by step instructions for each version of Windows:
I hope this works for you. Kindly reply for further assistance. Good Luck!
Thanks for using Fixya!
"Understanding explains better..."
Jan 31, 2011 | Draytek Vigor 2910G Dual WAN secure...
Dec 28, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Oct 10, 2010 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Dec 03, 2009 | Belkin (F5D5231-4) Router
Aug 13, 2009 | Routers
Aug 08, 2009 | Actiontec GT704WG Wireless Router...
May 14, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
Feb 20, 2009 | Zyxel Prestige 600WH Wireless Router...
Dec 01, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jun 10, 2013 | Gateway Belkin 54g Wireless DSL/Cable...
116 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: