Question about Gateway Belkin 54g Wireless DSL/Cable Router (DHF5D72304)
Hi. I am tryin got set up the security on this router for a PC using Wireless connection. Is there a Vista manul available? How do I set the router's security password?
Hi, here's a quick guide for you:
1. Connect to the router via Ethernet cable
2. Login to the router via a web browser, by typing 192.168.2.1 in the address bar
3. Click to login, leaving password blank (unless you have set a password)
4. Go to Wireless > Security. Select Security Mode WPA-PSK.
Enter your network key (password) under ‘Pre-shared key’ – make a note of it – click ‘Apply Changes’. That’s it, your wireless is encrypted.
For better security/more details:
1. Pick up a manual from Belkin UK
2. When you’re in your user interface, change the SSID and router password for a better level of security (see this tip for more details).
Hope this helps, but please come back to Fixya if anything doesn't work, or if you need more info. Good luck
Posted on Jan 20, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 28, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Oct 10, 2010 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Dec 03, 2009 | Belkin (F5D5231-4) Router
Nov 12, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Aug 13, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Aug 08, 2009 | Actiontec GT704WG Wireless Router...
May 14, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
Feb 20, 2009 | Zyxel Prestige 600WH Wireless Router...
Dec 01, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jun 10, 2013 | Gateway Belkin 54g Wireless DSL/Cable...
Jun 23, 2009 | Gateway Belkin 54g Wireless DSL/Cable...
116 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: