Question about Minn Kota Maxxum 55 Freshwater Bow Mount Trolling Motor
Minn Kota Genesis trolling motor. Bought it used for my boat I wired it up and it dropped down but then just spun in circles, do you think it needs a control board?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I am not sure which trolling motor you have but click the link and scroll down to select your trolling motor the battery hookup is the last page
Posted on May 08, 2009
My guess is the motor has leaked water into the lower motor assy (behind the prop). and needs to be cleaned up and the brushes replaced.
here's a schematic:
You can try this to check for water leakage:-
1) disconnect from power supply
2) remove the prop
3) you will see 2 bolt heads behind where the prop was. Remove ONLY ONE of them for now.
4) if you see the bolt (it's about 8" long) is covered in what looks to be blask, oily/watery or rusty condition then you know that you'll need to overhaul it.
5) if it IS the motor assy, remove the other bolt and disassemble everything noting their location.
6) I would recommend replacing the brushes Part# 188-052 and the seal kit 2883460.
Posted on Sep 26, 2009
Thanks for your question!
I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet.
The response rate on FixYa FREE questions is usually over 80%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:
1. the question is unclear, incomplete, or poorly worded...
2. the question is mis-categorized - so the correct experts aren't viewing it...
3. the question requires an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately...
4. specific training, tools, or equipment are required to avoid injury or death...
5. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully...
Please feel free to re-work your question if you feel one of these may be the reason.
Of course you are not required - but converting your question to a PAID one usually increases the reply rate as well.
Normal rates for FixYa are...
$ 9.99 answer for one question.
$12.99 Live Real-Time online chat or premium e-mail support.
$29.99 Live Real Time phone support
Sometimes FixYa will run specials for unlimited questions via monthly subscription or reduced rates for limited periods.
Consider the savings that can be had when an informed Expert can save you a $100 service call, or a $350 trip to the car dealership.
Your problem solved - guaranteed! Or your money back!!
If you don't want to pay - feel free to re-submit your question so it returns back to the top of the work queue if you still need help.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for helping with your FREE question
Posted on Aug 13, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 08, 2016 | Minn Kota Endura 30 Freshwater Transom...
Jun 10, 2010 | Minn Kota Maxxum 55 Freshwater Bow Mount...
May 15, 2010 | Minn Kota Endura 30 Freshwater Transom...
Jan 30, 2010 | Minn Kota Riptide St Saltwater 80 Bow...
Jan 26, 2010 | Minn Kota 55 AutoPilot Universal Sonar...
Sep 23, 2009 | Minn Kota Edge 40 Freshwater Bow Mount...
Jun 09, 2009 | Minn Kota Maxxum 55 Freshwater Bow Mount...
Apr 04, 2009 | Minn Kota Maxxum 70 Freshwater Bow Mount...
Nov 24, 2007 | Minn Kota Maxxum 70 Universal Motor/Sonar...
54 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: